Who's had an oil leak?

Tin-Knocker105

Trying to stop an oil leak on my 90SC. It's coming from the rear passengers side and is hitting the exhaust or manifold and smoking. I tightned the valve cover down and the oil filer tube and it's still leaking from somewhere. I've had the cowl's off and looked around but you know u really cant see much .
Anyone have any experience with a leak in this area and what fixed it. Hope i don't have to pull the valve cover off cause it's a pain (like everything else on these cars) so any help would be appreciated.
thanks
tony

Bet it still the valve cover gasket, I tried the just tighten the ones on my 89 and ended up changing them out to cure the leak. Good luck..

to isolate the problem. i would degrease the engine. let soak for 10-15 minutes. oh. cover alternator with plastic bag to prevent water from soaking in. Completely disconnect and remove battery to prevent any shortages. After maybe 20 minutes of degreaser soaking hose down the entire engine. Especially were the valve cover and head areas. Wait until dry. Use rag or towel to help you dry out suspect areas. Grab some oil resistant silicone and apply it around valve cover gasket areas. Be sure to apply it heavily around the edges and lower parts of the valve cover gasket areas. Let atleast 24 hours to completely dry up before putting to use. let us know it if works for you. Hopefully it works for me. I am waiting for it to dry up. My passenger cover is leaking.

Back