Few SC Concerns?? New to The Boards

NastyEssCee

First of all let me just say hello to everyone on these boards.
I'm new to this site, but not new to cars or message boards,
but I do have a few questions about these cars.

I just picked up a 1990 Thunderbird S/C.
I also understand that the 35th annies came with a special interior/exterior
and wheel package. What I don't understand is why my WHITE 1990 ford thunderbird has this interior and wheel package but not the paint package.
Also a few more, My S/C is pretty quick and has the digital dash, but in fourth if i'm on it the dash stops reading at 85 and it seems i'm still going faster, is this the most the digi dash can read at? or is my car actually not going any faster??

my last and most important question....
Any tips for changing plugs and wires??? like any shortcuts or whatever....
also how do you check the blower fluid and change it??? and whats the best blower fluid to use

Weclome aboard!!!

All 1990 SCs were not anniversary editions. Only way to tell for sure if yours had the 35th anniversary option package is by the metal tag on the rad support close to the passenger side of the vehicle. It will have "35TH" stamped on it. It should also have the last 5 or 6 digits of the VIN on the drivers side of the dash, visible through the windshield.

Sounds like it has a lot of mods, because the digital dash was never in an SC. And they only go to 85 MPH. The SCs all had analog gauges. The 89-93 speedo went to 120 and the 95-95 to 140.

A recent thread on SC flluid is on the boards real close to this thread:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74904

I recommend getting all the fluid out with something like a turkey baster.

We also have a great search function that can yield lots of results.

Back