94/5 SC MAF sensor from Autozone?

91BLOWNSC

I was in need of a 94/5 MAF sensor for my bird. There going for about 79.99 AFTER you bring in your core for a brand new one from murrays or autozone. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried these and if there equivilent to the original stock one. It's hard trying to find one from a used 94/5 SC. Any info would be great. I have had code 157 for to damn long now. Unplugged, the car seems to run much better than when the MAF is plugged in. In which case it can't keep an idle and eventually stalls.

Thanks, MarK.

Can't remember what code 157 is, but I'm assuming it's MAF related. Before you spend the money, have you tried carefully cleaning the MAF wires?

Kevin Varnes said:
Can't remember what code 157 is, but I'm assuming it's MAF related. Before you spend the money, have you tried carefully cleaning the MAF wires?

Sure did. And that didn't help a lick. I know that if I buy that part its not returnable, but I am pretty sure I am out of options. The only thing left to try is testing the voltages from the MAF wires themselves. I did a few searchs on here and found the accurate values they should be reading. But, if thats not it, then what? I guess I just assumed it wasn't the MAF wiring because the car knows when its plugged in and when it isn't. I just am tired of trying to figure it out.

-=Mark=-

Does the Murrey one from AutoZone come with a complete Ford harness or do you have to splice-it into the stock wires. I'm assuming when you say sensor, you mean the electronics top off the MAF body, that containes the sensor wires, right?.

Joisey Jim said:
Does the Murrey one from AutoZone come with a complete Ford harness or do you have to splice-it into the stock wires. I'm assuming when you say sensor, you mean the electronics top off the MAF body, that containes the sensor wires, right?.

It comes with the whole housing, and the black electronic sensor on the top. And you just plug it in. Thats how I interpreted what they said anyways, but I didn't actually go in and look at it myself yet. I probably should though :S. I just don't want to go get one if there is some reason I should be staying away from them.

Thanks, Mark.

When I Worked At Autozone, I Used One Of These On My 92 Sport, And It Worked Fine. It Is The Sensor And Housing, Ready To Plug In.

x182dan said:
umm ya i have a stock mafs from my 94sc if you want its up for sale i guess

Thanks for the offer man, I'll keep it in mind. However my buddy works at murrays and can get 25% off a brand new one. So I might just do that if I decide. How much would you be willing to sell it for?

Funny thing is guys, my car throws the code that it is lean on left and right banks. Which I think is 18X and 18X or something. Along with that it says MAF voltage is low. Well from doing endless searches on here I have heard differing opinions on whether the 89-93 MAF's are the same as the 94/5 MAFs. Well I tried my 91 MAF sensor on my 95 SC and it acted the same as if the 95 MAF had been on there. Matter a fact, I tried a 92 MAF sensor on it also w/ the same effect. So really I have yet to try a 94+ SC MAF to see if there is any difference. The car will also just flat out stall 90% of the time if left to idle. As long as I am driving it will stay running, but I must be under load aka on the gas.

Thanks, MarK.

91BLOWNSC said:
Thanks for the offer man, I'll keep it in mind. However my buddy works at murrays and can get 25% off a brand new one. So I might just do that if I decide. How much would you be willing to sell it for?

Funny thing is guys, my car throws the code that it is lean on left and right banks. Which I think is 18X and 18X or something. Along with that it says MAF voltage is low. Well from doing endless searches on here I have heard differing opinions on whether the 89-93 MAF's are the same as the 94/5 MAFs. Well I tried my 91 MAF sensor on my 95 SC and it acted the same as if the 95 MAF had been on there. Matter a fact, I tried a 92 MAF sensor on it also w/ the same effect. So really I have yet to try a 94+ SC MAF to see if there is any difference. The car will also just flat out stall 90% of the time if left to idle. As long as I am driving it will stay running, but I must be under load aka on the gas.

Thanks, MarK.

there are no new mafs that autoparts stores sell they are all reman'd units

x182dan said:
there are no new mafs that autoparts stores sell they are all reman'd units

Im aware of this. Thats fine becuase it's a lifetime warranty part. So for 50 bucks, I mean if it ever goes bad it takes a total of 5-10 minutes to change.

91BLOWNSC said:
Im aware of this. Thats fine becuase it's a lifetime warranty part. So for 50 bucks, I mean if it ever goes bad it takes a total of 5-10 minutes to change.

sounds good I would never buy any autozone parts tho if I were you I would go to a napa or something because autozone doesn't exactly carry good brands but its all up to you

Back