alright i just have to ask

T-Tough

Alright I am looking at getting another supercoupe and I know that there are some small differences between the 89-93 and the 94-95. I know the supercharger itself is different, and I also hear that the newer ones use full floating pistons or wrist pins or something. What is the diffeference between that and traditional ones? any advantage?

I am thinking of getting a 5 speed and doing some mods...nothing too huge but who knows. So I don't know if it is worth it to spend the 4+ thousand dollars to get a 94-95 5 speed or should i just get an 89-93 which I can find for dirt cheap?

This has been discussed a few times, but I'll list out some of the differences.

-92+ got the newer style gas tank with more direct routed exhaust (earlier models can be easily upgraded)
-93+ got the newer ABS system that thus far seems to be less problem prone than the earlier system
-93+ got the newer style front spindles that accept the bigger brake upgrades
-94/95 have as you know the upgraded blower
-94/95 DIS modules are less prone to failure due to their mounting location
-94/95 engines have stronger rods, floating pistons and a windage tray
-93/94/95 have the newer style wheels, some like some don't
-all 89-93 SC's have Trak-Loks (AOD's have 3.27, M5R2 have 2.73) 94/95 autos (4R70W) have an open diff with elec. trac. control, 5 speeds have the Trak-Lok 2.73's
-92+ have the LED taillights vs. the reflectors on the earlier reflectors

None of the differences between the years are unfixable or unchangeable. My advice is if you find a nice car in good shape that you like then get it.

Back