Few Progress Pics

littleboylan

I finally got the engine mated back to the trans, and have a bunch of wires and everything all ran back to were they go. I just need to get my balancer, and I can get it fired up... Only 2 months, not bad...

Now I need to paint the side, and finish up the exhaust, Im about DONE!!

Attachments

• Heads and Pushrods Installed (sccoa).JPG
    Heads and Pushrods Installed (sccoa).JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Motor In (sccoa).JPG
    Motor In (sccoa).JPG
    117 KB · Views: 160
  • Easier Access (sccoa).JPG
    Easier Access (sccoa).JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Back Glass Installed 2 (sccoa).JPG
    Back Glass Installed 2 (sccoa).JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 148
Congrats. It makes it alot easier when you can climb in there. When I did my headgaskets......It crippled my back until I decided to just stomp on everything and climb up in there.

Back Glass

You know the back glass was a huge PAIN. All I can say is Thanks to my friend who works in a Glass Shop, I wouldve never been able to do it myself. The only reason that it had to be out, was to replace the drivers Quarter.

And yes the white stuff on the lifters, is assembly lube like Cmac said.

Mike

why not regular oil?
Because it will stay on the parts that you put it on as opposed to oil which will drip off. This is beneficial when you are assembling an engine because you usually can't start an engine up right after you are done assembling it. This ensures that the parts that need lubrication will have it until oil pressure builds up.

Running!!

Well Today was the engines first run. I only ran it a few minutes as the Radiator must of been damaged sitting around the garage. Leaking at the bottom Tank area. 1 more new part to add to the list :D

But I couldnt be happier with how it ran.

With the new cam its only pulling 12 in/hg. Im thinking that is normal with the grind...? I think it felt real good. Now for PAINT!!

Just had to tell someone haha.

Need to get it tuned and Ill be ready to race at Dayton.

Later, Mike

Back