Bad DIS or Coil Pack?

Tony8470

Heres my dilemma. I started the car last friday to get the fluids running before I do the head gaskets, make sure there isnt anything wrong. The week before I had the codes run as a precaution (no CE light). He said HEGO left bank. (oxygen sensor).

I take it out and theres a check engine light. I thought it was the 02 sensor so I figured the computer will make up for it and keep going. It started bucking in boost like it was spark plugs. But they dont throw a CE light. My tach is fine so I ruled out cam sensor. What else could it be? The car doesnt start now and wants to get an idle but it just cant, even when I press the throttle a little bit.

I just want everything to be running right before I take it apart.....save my self the "help did headgaskets and car wont start" post.

Changed the MAF, CE light is gone. But it still wont start. Tried a spare DIS and coilpack too.

I could be wrong here, but isnt this a late model MAF? I'm asking because I found one of those stupid vornado things in my intake tube. Maybe previous owner tinkered with it.

I tried the spare and thats not working. Thinking the plugs might be fouled?

Attachments

• c4c9scd.jpg
    c4c9scd.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
yes thats deff a late model maf, early style has a screen in it, if you dont have 36lb injectors than that might be why it bucks under boost

ok so mine did this after I did rebuild I replaced oxy sensors no good replaced cam sensor no good replaced crank sensor not good .
checked out the temp sensor in back of return plenum had a crck in it so replaced it at same time I disconected battery reconnected it turned on key waited 15 sec then cranked it over,

it started up reved slowed down and relearned its idle and didnt buck anymore dont know what it was air temp sensor or relearning its settings.

run codes on it wish I had run mine it would have made it a easy job to fix it .

Back