PDA

View Full Version : NJ/NY area dyno session weekend of MAY 20th

lube70
03-20-2006, 12:58 PM
OK guys and gals. You have asked for it, the NJTACC (SCCONJ) has arranged a dyno session for the club and others that want to get their cars tuned.

As far as this goes, club members will get preference first as far as dyno time and tuning time. After those people are scheduled, we will accept people at a "FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED" basis.

Rules are:

Starting first week in April, we will accept reservations for dyno time.

Deposits must be made for the dyno time. This is NON-REFUNDABLE. Meaning if you schedule and do not come, you lose your deposit. This is because the dyno must be booked in advance. If something happens and WE cancel the session, refunds will be ok.

You must have your car in good running mechanical shape. Don't come if your gaskets are on their way out or the car is running crappy.

Tunes are cash and carry. Dave Dalke will be tuning and there is no credit cards or checks.

This is an all day event. More than likely, multi-day event.

This session is open to all Thunderbird and Cougars. Other type Fords you must contact Dave directly to see if he will tune it.

So, please post here if interested in this session and for more information, contact me at (973) 277-4294.

DYNO TIME AND TUNING PRICES TO COME SOON.

Don--President

SCrazy
03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Don:

I may consider coming down from CT for this event. Any idea exactly where it will be held (I'm trying to get a handle on drive time)

SilverCasket
03-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Pick South Amboy as a focal point. .. It'll probably be within 15 minutes of there.

Anthony

trife86
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
once we get a location and price set ill probally be down to come, I dont know jersey very good though

SilverCasket
03-20-2006, 02:42 PM
If you know the NJ Turnpike. Or the NJ Parkway. You'll be fine. It's about 2 minutes off parkway exit 127 or close to that #.

Anthony

SCrazy
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Looks like 2.5 to 3 hours. Definately doable.

lube70
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
We will have a lot going on that weekend. Two A/R installs, snow kits, tuning, etc. Looking to compete with David and Micah:D :eek:

Please leave a contact e-mail or phone number so that I can keep track and give replies to whoever is interested.

Anyway, dyno location will be around the central NJ location. This is because the most shops are located here and ease of driving for all involved.

Again, this is a great opportunity to have your car tuned by a real pro that knows these cars, not some hack.

I will post more info as it becomes available.

P.S. Hey Ant, see about doing some legwork on dyno's in the area that can house us. You who this better than me.

Don

Ira R.
03-20-2006, 07:52 PM
:eek: .....Graduation weekend. (sigh)
Did I not tell you that the gods just do not want this car to run or what..........

Hey Don, don't write me off yet. It sounds like I'm going to drive right past the dyno on the way south. Figures. I don't suppose we can get anything done Friday, huh?? I really wanted to bring both cars out.

I will call you in a couple of days to discuss my predicament once I can pin down exactly what my schedule must be that weekend.

Ira

trife86
03-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Is there a set place? sounds like you guys are sure of one, if so lemme know so i can maybe plan my trip. i really wanna get out there

Conan56
03-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Don

There is a Guy In Clifton right off Van Houten ave

He rents out his dyno for something like 100 Hr and Multi hour discounts

tjsc87
03-20-2006, 11:34 PM
hey does anyone know if Dave does Mustangs... cause as most of the NJTACC crew knows I've gone back to the mustang world. but yea if he does mustangs i will deff. be interested cause mine could use a tune

SilverCasket
03-21-2006, 07:33 AM
i will deff. be interested cause mine could use a tune

I think your working that day! :p

Don, Did you know that Winters doesn't own Crazy horse anymore. Just found out. I'll keep looking.

Anthony

lube70
03-21-2006, 10:02 AM
I think your working that day! :p

Don, Did you know that Winters doesn't own Crazy horse anymore. Just found out. I'll keep looking.

Anthony

OK, I'm just trying to keep it close for Jim and Joe. The rest of us can drive almost anywhere. I will do some investigating myself.

Don

Ken Seegers
03-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Don,
I am going to try and make it. It depends on my son's baseball games and if I have to do any exterminating.

Later
Ken

trife86
03-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Don,
I am going to try and make it. It depends on my son's baseball games and if I have to do any exterminating.

Later
Ken
you will have plenty of exterminating of rice after the tune :)

Ira R.
03-28-2006, 12:13 AM
is it April 1st yet???? :p

Ira

ebzsc
03-31-2006, 09:36 PM
hey wuts up i live in nj and i would realy like to come and check it out:D ...i live in sayerville nj .. and if eny 1 would like to meet up im all for it ... thanks matt ...

93 super coupe black on black :D

Ira R.
04-02-2006, 02:04 PM
OK guys and gals. You have asked for it, the NJTACC (SCCONJ) has arranged a dyno session for the club and others that want to get their cars tuned.

As far as this goes, club members will get preference first as far as dyno time and tuning time. After those people are scheduled, we will accept people at a "FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED" basis.

Rules are:

Starting first week in April, we will accept reservations for dyno time.

Don--President

Okay, it's the first week of April. I'll start. I have one car to do on Friday and another on Saturday. Hoping that there will be enough need to do two days, doing a dyno session on Friday would also be great for me because it frees me up to do another one Saturday and leave for MD straight from there.

That's my best case scenario. I can also spend all day in Jersey on Friday if need be, so if anyone needs a hand I can lend a couple. Location and money up front will not be an obstacle here, so just let me know what you need and when you need it.

Ira

trife86
04-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Okay, it's the first week of April. I'll start. I have one car to do on Friday and another on Saturday. Hoping that there will be enough need to do two days, doing a dyno session on Friday would also be great for me because it frees me up to do another one Saturday and leave for MD straight from there.

That's my best case scenario. I can also spend all day in Jersey on Friday if need be, so if anyone needs a hand I can lend a couple. Location and money up front is no object here, so just let me know what you need and when you need it.

Ira
I can spend all day on a friday also. but what location will these be at man? no one has even hinted where it will be

joenintiesc
04-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Here are some possible dynos in the central NJ area:

Danny's Pro Performance in Keyport on Rt.35 (sorry, no additional info.)

JDM Engineering
60 Jerseyville Ave.
Freehold, 07728
Tel. 732-780-0770

LaRocca Performance
1600 Englishtown RJ
Old Bridge 08857
Tel. 732-723-1111

Crazy Horse Racing
100 Main Street.
South Amboy, 08879
Tel. 732-553-9050

Ira R.
04-14-2006, 02:57 AM
Joe, I would think that Old Bridge and South Amboy are more central to most of the guys in Jersey, aren't they?? Also, I think the link to Crazyhorse racing may be bad.

Ira

joenintiesc
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Freehold and Keport are still considered central jersey. There both only around 10-12 miles further south...

Ira R.
04-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh, okay. Well, you certainly know the area better then me :p

Ira

joenintiesc
04-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I've heard that there is another dyno in the Sayreville/ S. Amboy area, but I can't find a listing for it. For some reason, dynos don't seem to advertise their services very much. :confused:

I don't know about Crazy Horse - I heard they may be gone or changed owners or something...

richk
04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Don

There is a Guy In Clifton right off Van Houten ave

He rents out his dyno for something like 100 Hr and Multi hour discounts
Do you have a name or phone number for this shop? Any expierence with him or other feedback?

RichK

tjsc87
04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Danny's Pro Performance has moved further north down the highway to a place called B&B auto. they do not have the dyno installed and up and running yet and he said they wont have it up for another few months. i was just in there talkin to him on thurs. just thought id let ya know.

joenintiesc
04-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the update! I had run across this info on another forum, but didn't find the shop name in any directory. That explains why.

SilverCasket
04-30-2006, 03:02 AM
Joe. Can you do us a favor & call around the Dyno places on monday morning? I think we need to see if there are any openings at any of the places for the Saturday (May 20th I think). .. Can you do that & call me at work Monday?

Anthony

joenintiesc
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Right now it's looking good for Saturday, 5/20 for a dyno day at Crazy Horse in South Amboy, NJ. Still just a few more details to work out, but by tomorrow or Wed we will know for sure. The cost is yet to be determined, because we need a head count of who is definately coming. Maybe's are only useful after they turn into a definate YES or NO! If we can get more than 6 people, the cost should be under $100/ person. (The more people, the less it will cost per person!) The aim is to have everything finalized by week's end, and deposits will most likely be necessary to hold a spot open.

Ira R.
05-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Joe. Can you do us a favor & call around the Dyno places on monday morning? I think we need to see if there are any openings at any of the places for the Saturday (May 20th I think). .. Can you do that & call me at work Monday?

Anthony

Hey Anthony, we need to get some time scheduled to do some tunes on Friday!!

Ira

SilverCasket
05-06-2006, 03:36 PM
We won't know if thats possible until tuesday or weds this week. I'll let you know.

Anthony

Ira R.
05-06-2006, 03:59 PM
I know. Joe mentioned the guy was away or something. If we have to make it worth this guys while I can bring a second car in the afternoon if I have to. Hadn't planned on doing the '94 because I don't want to take someone elses spot if time become an issue but I guess I am more then a little curious what the dyno numbers would be.

Check your PM's, and please let me know what's the deal with the deposit. Thanks.

Ira

trife86
05-06-2006, 10:50 PM
IM good for saturday, me and my 89.
id like to reserve a spot

joenintiesc
05-07-2006, 11:06 AM
IM good for saturday, me and my 89.
id like to reserve a spot

Sent you a PM with instructions!

8ate8
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Well glad to see this is still progressing :D Joe, let me know what I need to do.

XR7 Dave
05-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Ok guys, looks like we have a great meet shaping up.

Joe, your car is ready?

Jim, how close is yours? Are we going to be doing an install as well as tuning?

Anyone else planning additional work? Please email me if I'm supposed to be bringing anything for anyone.

As for Tuning, lets nail down a few things.

1) Have your car ready! That means EEC dropped and contacts cleaned. Do NOT wait until you are at the dyno to do this! We have a lot to do and you waste valuable time and other people's money if you aren't ready. Have questions? Please ask, there are lots of willing and able hands/minds here to help you out.

2) Continuation of #1. MAF wires should be clean, plugs should be new, gapped at .045 for a stocker and .035 for high boost applications, belts should be new, fuel filter should be new, battery should be charged. Codes should be cleared and/or repairs completed before the tune. If your car can't be tuned for some mechanical reason it would be a shame.

Schedule:

Crazy Horse Racing
100 Main Street.
South Amboy, 08879
Tel. 732-553-9050

Do we have a start/end time???

I haven't seen a priority list so lets start one. Who was first with their deposit?

Official tuning list!

Please post below if you need to be on the list. As Don said, members receive priority and deposits are being taken. Please let me know if you have paid and when you have been scheduled. I'll update this post as info comes in.

As far as I know these are the people getting tuned:

Ira Robinson (Friday)

Bill Buckner 9:00 AM
Jim Oneill
Joe Brauner
Anthony Rongo
Vince Wood
Don Oneill
Mark VIII?

Please confirm if my list is correct and let me know if anyone else needs to be added.

I also need to know if people need chips or if they already have one from me. I do EEC Tuners for anyone who might need that.

Cost is $325 if you need a chip.
If you have an SCT chip or EEC Tuner that I have NOT tuned before or wasn't bought from me the cost is $150.
If you have a chip from me that needs a re-tune the cost is $100.

Four days left, lets make sure we are all ready!

David

joenintiesc
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Joe, your car is ready?

Yes, it's been ready for a few weeks now! And I just had the Lentech valve body and DirtyD0g TC (12", 2300 stall, non-locking) installed this past week. I didn't change the plugs becuase they're fairly new to begin with, and they are Denso iridiums...

My only little problem (literally) is my wife will be giving birth to our first little pooper this week. I'm hoping she will be out of the hospital by Friday. If for some reason I can't be there Sat. (unlikely, though), my SC will be there regardless.

Ira R.
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm good for Friday and waiting for Anthony to confirm when. Early afternoon I believe is where we left off, but he spoke with the dyno guy not me, so I don't know when they will let us on.

Saturday is out completely for me, and as such I am only able to do one car this trip.

Ira

trife86
05-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Dave, i hope this will not be a problem as i cannot clear the code.

91 R HEGO sensor circuit shows system lean (left side HEGO)

Also throwing code 33 which is EGR related that i have blocked off. I understand that we can disable that code. Please let me know asap

XR7 Dave
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Dave, i hope this will not be a problem as i cannot clear the code.

91 R HEGO sensor circuit shows system lean (left side HEGO)

Also throwing code 33 which is EGR related that i have blocked off. I understand that we can disable that code. Please let me know asap

Cannot turn off the EGR code. You'll need to leave it plugged in even if it is blocked off. Is it a constant memory or a runnning code? If it is a constant memory code then clear the codes and see if it sets again. It is possible your EGR transducer is bad. Generally if the thing is connected you won't get the code.

91 is indeed left side 02 not switching. I suggest replacing it or at least swapping sides to determine if the sensor is bad or the bank really is running lean.

lube70
05-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I am going to need a chip and transfer the tune from my Tuner to the chip. Otherwise, the car is running great.

Getting a new balancer on this week just to be sure no problems!!!

Add me to the list. Also, I have a guy coming with a Mark VIII that wants a tune. I don't believe this is a problem correct??!!!

Don

trife86
05-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Cannot turn off the EGR code. You'll need to leave it plugged in even if it is blocked off. Is it a constant memory or a runnning code? If it is a constant memory code then clear the codes and see if it sets again. It is possible your EGR transducer is bad. Generally if the thing is connected you won't get the code.

91 is indeed left side 02 not switching. I suggest replacing it or at least swapping sides to determine if the sensor is bad or the bank really is running lean.

ah ok so that means the sensor is bad? im going to replace it tommorow than

8ate8
05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
I'll have everything off the car ready for the AR to go on for Friday afternoon.

I guess I'll need new plugs for Friday then, too. Um... I've never done plugs before.. you all wanna help? :D hehe.

Burgers and beer will be ready as well :D

joenintiesc
05-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Burgers and beer will be ready as well

I might have to show up too, then... I'm sure Wanda will understand. :rolleyes: :eek:

MikeKanterakis
05-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey gang, I've got some time and want to see you guys at the Dyno. I don't hvae a wideband hooked up to my '93, so if they've got the UP THE TAIL PIPE sniffer, or they can weld in a bung, I'd like to get it on the rollers. If not, it'll still be fun to see everyone again.:cool:

Ira R.
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I'll have everything off the car ready for the AR to go on for Friday afternoon.

I guess I'll need new plugs for Friday then, too. Um... I've never done plugs before.. you all wanna help? :D hehe.

Burgers and beer will be ready as well :D
edited to avoid creating even more confusion :rolleyes:

Ira

8ate8
05-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I thought we were dyno'ing saturday?

MikeKanterakis
05-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Hey gang, I've got some time and want to see you guys at the Dyno. I don't hvae a wideband hooked up to my '93, so if they've got the UP THE TAIL PIPE sniffer, or they can weld in a bung, I'd like to get it on the rollers. If not, it'll still be fun to see everyone again.:cool:

Ooops, change of plans. I'll be in Boston. :mad: :( every time...!!! EVERY TIME!

trife86
05-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Have you guys gotten around to taking out the ECU and cleaning the contacts? If so does anyone remember what size torx screws to take apart the box so i can clean the contacts, on BOC they say there is just 5.5mm bolts but nope mine is torx screws

XR7 Dave
05-18-2006, 08:07 AM
2 T-10 and the rest are T-15