bleeding the brakes

Spider

since my car has just been sitting with the battery out for about 3 months.

i want to bleed the brakes and basically flush out all the old fluid, can i just crack the lines and let it flow until it turns clear and the just close them up or is the more to it then that and i should just have someone who knows what there doing help me :D

i know you have to do more than that when your car has been on the road but i was thinking since its been sitting for so long maybe i don't have to do anything more than crack the lines.

of Batterys & Brake Fluid

Spider said:
since my car has just been sitting with the battery out for about 3 months. i want to bleed the brakes and basically flush out all the old fluid,
What does the battery being out for 3 months have to do with brake fluid? Is there another part of this brake dilemma, unrelated to the battery, that you haven't mentioned?

Confused 68COUGAR

You should be able to flush the front lines without the battery; but depending upon year you'll need to energize the ABS accumulator (with ignition on) in order to bleed the rears.

Joisey Jim said:
You should be able to flush the front lines without the battery; but depending upon year you'll need to energize the ABS accumulator (with ignition on) in order to bleed the rears.
ok thanks :)

Back