wider rims

T-bird Tim

Anyone here ever ran a 17x10.5 inch wheel on the rear of your SC. Would there be any problems with tires rubbing. I just ordered a set of 17" Chrome bullit wheels for my SC. 17x9 up front and 17x10.5 in the rear, should look pretty sick.

Yes, they will rub unless you do something with the fender lip. 10" wide tires will rub, so I'm sure 10.5's will.

Are you sure those are going to fit? Did you get the proper offset? (not sure what a proper one would be)

I had to custom order them for the SC, so they were a little pricey. I guess I will go ahead and have the fenders rolled before they get here.

I've got some 17X9.5" in the rear of my car. I run 285/40/17s. Depending on the offset of your 10.5" rims you could also run into some clearance issue on the inside with the e-brake cable and possibly some other stuff.

I would try the rims on the car without tires if possible and you should be able to see some of the clearance issues. Hopefully you can send them back if they are too big.

My fenders are both rolled and flared to accomodate the 285s, but I believe XR7 Dave runs almost the same offset and tire that I do and his are only rolled. I do have a bit more room than most.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

Thanks for the input. Assuming they fit, I'll post some pics. It will be a couple of weeks till I get them in.

10.5 Bullits

I bolted my friends 10.5 Bullits from his Mustang on my car just to see how they would look and they aren't even close to fitting. They stick out of the fender way to far, rolling the fender will be a waste of time if you bought the wheels with the Mustang offset.

Charles

Sucks to hear that. These wheels I had to order. The guy told me they were for a mustang but came without the holes drilled, that way they could drill out the bolt pattern to fit the bird. If they dont work I'm really going to be disappointed. I paid $1800 for these with the g-force TA tires. At least I know he will take them back if they dont fit, of course than they are stuck with wheels that they cant sell and I'll probably end up with the same wheels that everyone else has. I cant wait until someone makes some new styles for these cars that are affordable and have the aggressive looks.

Tim, are they 10.5" made with the offset to fit a 94 - 04 Mustang, or 05 - 06 Mustang? Usually about 1/2" difference in the backspacing. Brad (cudaz101) posted some pics the other day of 17 x 10 Coddington wheels on an SC, I'd say that might be the max. The extra 1/2" may kill the idea.

What size tires were you planning to run on them?

cheers
Ed N.

Ouch... I hope they fit. If it's just a mustang offset I don't think it'll work. BTW - for that price I hope they came with tires mounted and balanced.

The wheels that Brad worked on for us he test fit multiple times before committing to the design with a very custom offset. So the 17x10's will fit fine on the rear with just rolled lips, and the 17x8 fronts fit fine up front as well.

Here is the thread with photos(see page 1 for prices):
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65255&page=2

Back