PDA

View Full Version : What's this plug under my seat?

Kurt K
03-24-2006, 01:21 AM
I recently had my driver side seat out while installing a gauge (post to come later). Anyway, there are 4 plugs under the seat. Three of them plug into the seat. Where is the other plug supposed to go? See attached photo

thirdbird
03-24-2006, 01:25 AM
I just had seats in and out of three different birds.
I believe (correct me if im wrong) that's for a seat switch...
The one that tells the car if someone's actually sitting on the seat...
They don't all have that feature...

paul

racecougar
03-24-2006, 03:02 AM
I believe that the uncircled gray plug and the brown plug go to the seat switch (the one that determines if someone is in the seat) and the seat belt switch (the one that determines if the seatbelt is being worn). I can't think of what the circled gray plug and that black plug go to at the moment. :confused:

-Rod

EDIT: Kurt, if you want, give me the colors of the wires going to those two plugs, and I'll see if I can find them/figure it out with one of my wiring schematics.

Kurt K
03-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Kurt, if you want, give me the colors of the wires going to those two plugs, and I'll see if I can find them/figure it out with one of my wiring schematics.

I was just too lazy to look them up in my schematics....it was faster to post here and hope for the answer :)

I'm pretty sure the black plug powers the seat motor.

David Neibert
03-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Kurt,

Are you sure it doesn't plug into one of the other connectors in the picture ?

I only unplug two connectors to remove my passenger side seat, the rest plug into each other.

David

Kurt K
03-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Kurt,

Are you sure it doesn't plug into one of the other connectors in the picture ?

I only unplug two connectors to remove my passenger side seat, the rest plug into each other.

DavidI'm positive. Three of the plugs plug into connectors on the seat, the forth plug wasn't plugged in when I removed the seat.

doug93sc
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Kurt,

I'm not 100% positive but like Dave and Rod said it is for a "seat switch" and I think that is only for 5 speed cars (you have to be sitting down and have the clutch depressed to start the car).

Kurt K
03-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Kurt,

I'm not 100% positive but like Dave and Rod said it is for a "seat switch" and I think that is only for 5 speed cars (you have to be sitting down and have the clutch depressed to start the car).
OK, that makes sense. Someday I'll have to check one of my 5 speed cars and see if it's connected.

Thanks

darkstar_one
03-24-2006, 05:36 PM
yeah i have one connector like that too.. makes me wanna remove the whole seat to make sure it isnt dileberately disconnected. maybe cuz mines was an auto and now its 5 speed.?

thirdbird
03-24-2006, 06:00 PM
like Dave and Rod said it is for a "seat switch" .

See post # 2
;)

birds4us
03-24-2006, 06:44 PM
If that plug is for the seat switch, then I assume you don't have automatic door lockseither, because that is what the seat switch is for.

thirdbird
03-26-2006, 02:11 AM
If that plug is for the seat switch, then I assume you don't have automatic door lockseither, because that is what the seat switch is for.
Yup.
I just figured that out since this thread got started...
I did not plug it(the 'plug' in question) back in in my LX when I returned the origional seats, and the doors stopped locking whenever I put the trans into 'Drive".
paul