DIS Wiring harness?

JMVaught

I've got two bad DIS wiring harnesses. They both work or not when you wiggle the wires that connect to the DIS Mod. I was looking for a new one and have had a very hard time finding it even with the part # (E9SZ12A581B). Both harnesses have cracked or broken locks, which of course makes them both unreliable even if all broken wires are found and repaired. I've searched "geniunefordparts.com" "greensalescompany.com" several other places and even "googled" the part #, which incidently I got from a parts guy in the ford service dept. He gave me the site "partsvoice.com" to check, but nothing. Any ideas, other than repairing the wires and finding better connectors off parts cars? Any and all help is greatly appreciated in advance.

I meant new, so I didn't buy one off a parts car and have it be bad too, cause then I would be right where I am now. I have a spare, but it's got bad connectors and a couple of intermid. broken wires. Thanks for the speedy reply though and of course your help is greatly appreciated.

well ill go to the junkyard tommorow and see if i can find you one in good condition and i will give it to you for free... i will try to be very careful with it when i remove it and i will test it on my SC before i give it to you. how bout that.?

Geez Dark. I've been having gremlins for a while now. And to think I could have just contacted you and you would have made it all betta. My hero..lol. Thanks Dark.

The DIS and EDIS ignition system was used on many vehicles, not just the Tbird. Such a harness is likely to be available yet. Just gotta figure out where. The colors of the wires may not match but it'll attach to the DIS.

Thanks Mike. Like maybe the SHO? But what years? The XR7 89-90 as well, but what else? Anyone with any ideas? Any ideas where to find new?

Thanks. He said he looked, but who knows? He did get me the original part number, so he was lookin at something. By pigtail connectors, do you mean just the pigtails for the DIS Mod or for each connector on that harness? Your help is greatly appreciated as well "bird."

Pig tail means the connector with the wires attached. The wires are about 4-5 inches so that they can be soldered on.

I know what a pigtail is. I was asking if you had seen the pigtails for each connector on that harness or just the DIS. I checked rockauto and found the DIS and ignition coil pigtails, but nothing else on that harness. Thanks for the help again.

All of them I can find so I can get it all straight at once. The ones you found from rock auto for $13.07 have the correct number of wires for the "exit side" of the DIS Mod, where the Mod ground is, but too many for the other side. Do you just pull the wires and metal connectors out of the connector or what?

Is it the same connector? If so just dont use the wires that arent supposed to be hooked up. Let me do some checking and see what I can come up with.

Is it the same connector? If so just dont use the wires that arent supposed to be hooked up. Let me do some checking and see what I can come up with.

Back