has any1 one ever........................

langersbird

added keyless entry to a bird that didnt come with one??should be able to plug the components right in and go?????if so then how do you reprogram with a new code???????:confused:

I think you're going to need an EEC IV computer to make it happen. From everything I've read the code is hardwired into the comp. Do a search on here for "changing keyless entry code" and you should have a wealth of info.

Which type of Keyless?

langersbird said:
added keyless entry to a bird that didnt come with one??
There are 2 types of keyless entry. (1) Has a number pad on the door, (2) The other has a remote lock/unlock key fob.

Then are you, (1) asking about adding the option to a car that was ordered w/o the option?

OR

(2) are you asking about adding a key fob keyless, to a car that it was never offered on?

My '89 XR-7 has a number pad on the door. In '89 a key fob remote was not even offered.

If you want to add a number pad to the door of a car that already has a key fob remote, You can go to your local Ford Dealer & buy a kit to do exactly that. BUT that kit won't work on a car that doesn't already have a remote key fob.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
There is a Keyless entry Module - usually the code is printed on the box in the trunk, its not in the EEC. If you want to set your car up, you'll need to run all of the wires and add the control box .. then re-wire a few other things like your door locks, they run through the module.

- Dan

Back