Brake problems

ndoftyme69

my brake pedal is goin all the way to floor,then if u pump the brakes to where the pedal is firm they work fine...but if u don't pump on the pedal each time u wanna stop ,the pedal will go back to the floor and the brakes won't work....any ideas??? I have both lights on, but the brakes worked with both lights on cuz i pulled the relay to disable the ABS because the pump would run constantly...any help would be appreciated

yea looked all through the technical and members forum brakes...anybody that had a similiar problem always replied took it to ford,lol...not much help

You have air in your system. You have a leaking caliper,wheel cylinder or master cylinder going bad. It would not be adviseable to drive the car at this point. Look for leaking fluid. you might even have a brake line leaking. What ever is leaking it will look all wet. Have you done anything to the brakes lately?

changed a brake line,the driver front...put a good relay back in and didnt hear the pump kick on either, i'll check the line and calipers,when i would pump up the brakes the brake fluid would leak out the master cylinder cap also...after i pump up the brakes the red light will go off for a lil bit until the pedal goes back to the floor and the light will come back on again

Abs

You should ditch the ABS and convert conventional. I'm going to do it to mine next month. If you want to hang out while I do mine to see what sort of trouble I run into give me a call.

yea i want to do that, but i gotta get this brake problem fixed because i was gonna trade my SC for a 5 speed SC and I know the guy wants brakes...lol

If you can`t see any fluid leaking just try bleeding the brakes again. Start from the farthest point,like passenger side rear, then dr. side rear and then the fronts. If that dose not work your master cylinder might have bit the dust.

imma replace the calipers with known working ones(non leaking) off my parts car , to rule out leaky calipers.then i'll rebleed the whole system and see what that does for me.

Back