DOHC swap track results

racecougar

I ran my DOHC 90 XR7 at Gateway International Raceway today. Here is the timeslip with the best E.T. and MPH of the day (I was in the left lane):

best%20timeslip%203-25-06.jpg

The car has more in it, but we had a couple problems today. First of all, the track was really cold, so the car had a hard time hooking up, even with the 255/50/16 MT ET Street Radials. My best 60' of the day was a 2.069. I know that can be improved upon. Secondly, the car was hitting the 6500 rpm rev limiter on the 1-2 shift every pass. That cost me a bit of time there. And finally, the coolant temps were higher than I like (I think my fan is only working on the low speed), while the trans temps weren't even at 100 degrees :eek: (it was a pretty cold day).

The rest of the E.T.'s/MPH's of the day were:

15.475/80.48 (spun the tires, hit the rev limiter, and accidentally hit neutral instead of third)
13.976/98.82
14.008/98.91
14.027/98.84

I'm very happy with the car's performance. I'll try to get a video or two posted up as soon as I can.

I think I'm the first person to break into the 13's with a naturally aspirated DOHC swapped MN12. :)

-Rod

Last edited:
Nice runs, so you hit your goal for this season.I just bought 94 lx with 4.6 in it today.DOHC swap begins as soon as I get a DOHC engine:D

Thanks guys.

The goal for this season may have to change now. Reaching the goal on the first try sure is nice though. :)

-Rod

dont know how i missed this post ...

but yeah thats real nice times.

but now just "do" something with the engine and see what it can really do lol. like heads and cams.

What were you racing against ?? They had a 19 second 1/4 ?? Thats pretty slow. :cool:
Video doesnt work for me.

- Dan

Ddubb said:
What were you racing against ?? They had a 19 second 1/4 ?? Thats pretty slow. :cool:
Video doesnt work for me.

- Dan

But look at the guys 60'! What car can do 1.8 60' and 19sec 1/4?

Nm, looks like the guy broke something. His 1/8 MPH is 49, then his 1/4 MPH is 44. He was coasting down. Probably tore something up between the 330' and 1/8.

Back