View Full Version : What is this thing?

03-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I just replaced the brake pedal switch on my car and I noticed another switch above it with a rubber tube connected to it. I removed it and pulled the tube off and noticed that there is nothing there. I was expecting wiring of some sort or another. Just wondering what this thing is and what it does?

03-26-2006, 05:25 PM
That was the spot for a "DO NOT BREAK" switch....

....Ford thought it was more economical not to put them in our cars afterall.

03-26-2006, 05:52 PM
That is the switch that cuts off the cruise control when you use the brake. Do not leave the hose off of the switch or your cruise will not work at all.

03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
did you get my last PM patrick?