Manual

Bostonian

Does anybody have a manual handy for what cylinder wires go where on the distributor cap? I know it is a 3.8 N/A but figured they would be in the same manual. I went by the Hanes and it is definetely wrong. Thanks for helping a fellow out.

wires

I have a Haynes manual right in front of me, and I looked at the car with the manual and it is correct.
The cylinder locations are 1 2 3 on the left and 4 5 6 on the right front to back. The coil pack is 1 2 3 on the top row left to right and 5 6 4 on the bottom left to right. This works on my car, it has the factory wires on it with numbers to the cylinders.
Ed

The Haynes and Chilton manuals cover all packages of the Thunderbird of the years specified on the cover. Be sure you are reading the correct information for your engine. If you have a 6 cylinder 3.8 liter tbird, read only the section for the 3.8 naturally aspirated engine.. not the 3.8 supercharged engine. SC's have a distributorless ignition system, no cap or rotor. The reular 3.8 might have a distributor.

Back