Fuel Filter

jonnyblaze

HAS ANYONE REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER ON A 89 SC IF SO HOW HARD IS IT AND DO I NEED ANY SPECILA TOOLS FOR THIS JOB THANKS GUY FOR ANY REPLY

Filter

I have a 90 SC and I my filter is like just
aft of the drivers seat under the floor. Just
crawl under the car and follow the fuel lines
there my the drivers door. Pretty big filter.

j.

Mine is right under the passinger side door. Jonnyblaze...remember to depressurize the fuel system before taking out the filter

HowTo

Hey there is a real easy way to depressurize the fuel injection. In the trunk drivers side behind the carpet is the fuel inertia switch it's kind of like a circuit breaker. Just unplug the two wire harness going to it, and then crank your engine. The chiltonc manuel says the car will run and then die but when I changed my filter the car never started after I disconnected the plug. Just remember to hook that plug back up! Have fun!

Oh Yeah

I bought a "special" tool from the parts store but didn't need it just double check that the new filter comes with U shaped clips made of nylon. I was suprised at the ease of the whole operation it'll take you longer to jack the car up than to change the filter.

I did the same procedure as you SR70... I think that inertia switch is for emergencies and if its not working properly (plugged in) the car will not run. I've heard of cases where the little push-down switch on top of the inertia switch gets stuck and people cant get their car to run unless the problem is fixed. Anyways, Jonnyblaze, make sure that whatever replacement fuel filter you get comes with the new plastic fasteners. I bought a motorcraft replacement (motorcraft # fg-862) and it came with the pins.

i'm tryin to replace the fuel filter right now on my 94 and i can't get the end that goes to the engine to come out. Can someone please tell me what i need to do in order to get it off and put the new one on. Let me know asap as the car is sittin out in my barn right now with everything disconnected but that.

thanks
dan

Back