03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
It would work best to have each customer call in their order and pay by credit
card. We will then ship the orders when a minimum of five is met. Please
inform each person that we will need a front end weight when they call to
determine the correct spring rate. Chrome springs are available at an
additional cost of $13.00 each.They can order by calling Denny at 320-629-
4769. Thank you!

D & D Race Technologies

After a long wait, these are ready to be ordered. I have been in contact with D&D and they are willing to give us a nice price break on these if we can get 5 or more orders together. The normal price with springs is $650. They are willing to do a GP price of $599. That is a pretty nice discount for a custom part, esp. when you consider they are the only ones out there that are offering this type of setup for our cars.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/MN12-QA1Pro-drag-coilovers1.jpg

It is a direct bolt in kit, and features QA1 12 click adjustable shocks. Each person in the GP gets their choice of valving ratios and spring weights. They are completely custom depending on your car and what you plan to use it for. If you are unsure what you need for your setup, D&D Race Tech can help you with your selection. They can be reached at 320-629-4769.

For more info including pictures and discussion, see this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58468

I will start the list here, and update it. If you are serious about purchasing these within the next couple of weeks, please respond here, and I'll add you to the list. Once we have 5 or more, we can go forward with the ordering. If possible, please keep discussion in the other thread listed as to not clutter this one up.

QA1 Group Purchase List $599:
1. Thomas Aden - 1993 SC - ORDER IN
2. Omar Arellano - 1991 SC - ORDER IN
3. 1995BadBird - 1995 LX - ORDER IN
4. John Shelton - 1989 SC - ORDER IN
5. Will Smith -1995 LX - ORDER IN
6. Mike Siska - 1995 LX - ORDER IN
7. Jeff S - 1993 LX - ORDER IN
8. Shane 35th SC - Maybe?

Make sure to thank Bruce 392Bird for all of his work on these!

95badbird
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
As soon as I get my cash in hand, I will let you know to put my name on the list.

tim
03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Maybe in a month I really need to do some thing. Should the car be weighed in the front first?:D

95badbird
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
When we finally order, will we pay them direct, or is someone collecting the money?
I guess I should ask, how will they know we are doing the group purchase?

PReDiTR91
03-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Ive been waiting for these bad boys for a while, also for the group buy but my sons birthday party is in 4 weeks!!! THERE GOES MY CASH!!! I might be able to come up with the cash if not we'll have to do another group buy! :cool: PReDiTR91:cool:

Thomas A
03-29-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't know what the chances of getting enough people together for a GP on this will be after this one. A lot of us have been waiting a year or more for these, and it will be tough to get 5 together after a years time.

How about you give your son a father-son project for his birthday consisting of installing some new QA1 Coilovers :D

Thomas

Thomas A
03-29-2006, 11:50 PM
When we finally order, will we pay them direct, or is someone collecting the money?
I guess I should ask, how will they know we are doing the group purchase?

I haven't discussed the fine details with them, but I assume it will work like similiar GP that I have done in the past. Once we think there is enough interest, we will open it up for orders. You will place your order directly with the company. They will hold your order until they reach the total number needed (5 in this case) and then send the orders and bill your CC.

Thomas

95badbird
03-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I haven't discussed the fine details with them, but I assume it will work like similiar GP that I have done in the past. Once we think there is enough interest, we will open it up for orders. You will place your order directly with the company. They will hold your order until they reach the total number needed (5 in this case) and then send the orders and bill your CC.

Thomas
Sounds good.

PReDiTR91
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't know what the chances of getting enough people together for a GP on this will be after this one. A lot of us have been waiting a year or more for these, and it will be tough to get 5 together after a years time.

How about you give your son a father-son project for his birthday consisting of installing some new QA1 Coilovers :D

Thomas
Sounds like a good idea!!! but my son is gonna be one year old! Ill be honest with you, THE PARTY'S FOR ME!!!:D PReDiTR91:D

95badbird
03-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Please add me to the list.

pablon2
03-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Thomas, where is D&D located? I notice their area code is 320 telling me it is very close to where I live. Maybe I could stop by there and check a set out in person.

95badbird
03-31-2006, 11:27 PM
BTW, I've got an LX:eek:

Thomas A
03-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Doh! Sorry, I'll change it.

I'm not sure where they are out of Paul. I thought it was North Carolina or Tennessee, but I could be wrong.

Thomas

Randy N Connie
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
THOMAS
deleted still thinking

Randy

Thomas A
04-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Ahhh come on Randy, you know you want a set :D

Thomas

Thomas A
04-03-2006, 12:29 AM
We need just 1 more person to get our discount!

Thomas

quick35th
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Thomas I am thinking about coming aboard on this. They would be for my 35th Anny. I just need to know when the money is due by and what are my options for making payment? Can I pay with a money order? I will let you guys know ASAP whether or not I am in on this or not. I am waiting to hear whether or not I will be buying this one car I have had my eye on lately so after I figure that situation out I will know if I am going to get these coil overs or not.

Shane

95badbird
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Thomas I am thinking about coming aboard on this. They would be for my 35th Anny. I just need to know when the money is due by and what are my options for making payment? Can I pay with a money order? I will let you guys know ASAP whether or not I am in on this or not. I am waiting to hear whether or not I will be buying this one car I have had my eye on lately so after I figure that situation out I will know if I am going to get these coil overs or not.

Shane
Best thing I would do is call them and ask about your payment choice.

Thomas A
04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
If for some reason they wouldn't take a money order, you could always send one to me and I can pay with a credit card. I plan to iron out all the exact payment details once we have 5 people committed.

Thomas

Mercutio
04-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Okay, I'll be Johnny 5. Count me in.
Will Smith

Thomas A
04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
GREAT! I will post order information tommorow. I would imagine it will take a little while to get this processed, so I'm sure Randy and Shane will have sometime yet to see if they would like to take part also. Thanks for the support guys!!

Thomas

Mercutio
04-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Sorry, 95 Thunderbird LX.

Randy N Connie
04-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Thomas
I have been waiting to see when you have 4 payed confirmed orders.
After you have 4 confirmed orders I will jump in.I do not want to try
any money up for two or three months.

This should I hope be a good addition to my 4130 K-Member.
Who needs horse power when you have the lightest SC.
This should add another car length to my win over Shane
and Thomas the day we race.. :p

Thanks Randy

95badbird
04-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with DnD race tech.
I told them we have the (minimum order of 5) required amount of people for the group buy.
He(Denny), wants to get all the orders in at the same time, since he has to set his jig up for it. He would rather do them all at once.
I asked him a bunch of questions, and he was very helpful.

1 thing they asked, was if you(everyone), can get the "front" of the car weighed; so they can determine what spring rate. I told him, for myself, that that was hard for me to do. He said that was okay, since he had a base point from Bruce's car, that mine would be real close to his(actually, mines a touch lighter than his).
He gave me a few places that any of us could go and get the car weighed, i.e., race track, fertilizer plant, UPS place, etc.

Shane, they do take any form of prepaid money orders.

So I guess if everyone is ready, lets set a date for when we're going to order these.(Like today or tommorrow).

Hope this info. helps a bit guys.

Nick

Thomas A
04-06-2006, 01:10 PM
It would work best to have each customer call in their order and pay by credit
card. We will then ship the orders when a minimum of five is met. Please
inform each person that we will need a front end weight when they call to
determine the correct spring rate. Chrome springs are available at an
additional cost of $13.00 each.They can order by calling Denny at 320-629-
4769. Thank you!

D & D Race Technologies

Looks like you beat me to the punch Nick.

Thomas

quick35th
04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Damn it. I wont have the cash in hand till probably next week :( :( :(. So does that mean I wont be able to get in on this still?

I am getting tired of waiting to hear if the SC that I want to buy is actually for sale so I am probably just going to go forth and turn my 35th into the blown race car. That means I need these shocks! :(

Shane

95badbird
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Looks like you beat me to the punch Nick.

Thomas
Sorry.:p

So I guess we are ready to order then?

95badbird
04-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Damn it. I wont have the cash in hand till probably next week :( :( :(. So does that mean I wont be able to get in on this still?

I am getting tired of waiting to hear if the SC that I want to buy is actually for sale so I am probably just going to go forth and turn my 35th into the blown race car. That means I need these shocks! :(

Shane
People suck.

Just turn the 35th into a full blown race car.
Thats what I'm doing to my 40th.

Thomas A
04-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Next week shouldn't be an issue Shane. I still have to figure out a weight for my car. Currently it is on jack stands with no engine or suspension in it. Not sure how I'm going to do that.

Thomas

quick35th
04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Next week shouldn't be an issue Shane. I still have to figure out a weight for my car. Currently it is on jack stands with no engine or suspension in it. Not sure how I'm going to do that.

Thomas

Yeah I am in the same boat Thomas. My car has no insurance on it, the tags expired two years ago, and it doesn't have any head lights. Plus I dont know how far yet I plan to strip the thing out.

How far down the body of the car from the noise do I weigh when weighing the front of it?

Shane

95badbird
04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah I am in the same boat Thomas. My car has no insurance on it, the tags expired two years ago, and it doesn't have any head lights. Plus I dont know how far yet I plan to strip the thing out.

How far down the body of the car from the noise do I weigh when weighing the front of it?

Shane
I would say just do half the car, eye it up the best you can.

If you have an idea of what the car weighs, Denny over at D and D race tech can help you in determining what springs to choose.:)

AtroXR7
04-06-2006, 10:17 PM
I've been seriously thinking about getting in on this, Been trying to post the last few days but the delay on the account confirmation email was really long and just now got a chance.

Deal is, I'm comming to the end of my contract at the current job, one more week left, and I dont want to commit to this unless I can secure another job. Im sure you guys dont want to wait. But if something comes up and things get delayed and I get another job lined up, I'm in. Has there been any mention of a further discount if we get say, 10 or more orders?

Like I said, not trying to hold anyone back, but group things get delayed a lot so I'm putting my cards out now in case that happens.

95badbird
04-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I've been seriously thinking about getting in on this, Been trying to post the last few days but the delay on the account confirmation email was really long and just now got a chance.

Deal is, I'm comming to the end of my contract at the current job, one more week left, and I dont want to commit to this unless I can secure another job. Im sure you guys dont want to wait. But if something comes up and things get delayed and I get another job lined up, I'm in. Has there been any mention of a further discount if we get say, 10 or more orders?

Like I said, not trying to hold anyone back, but group things get delayed a lot so I'm putting my cards out now in case that happens.
No, I think 5 or more(no matter how many more), the price is it.

Well good luck on finding a new job, and welcome to the club.

Thomas A
04-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I think we would be hard pressed to get to 10 orders anyway. The 5-7 of us having been watching these for quite some time, so in a way it took 6+ months to get 5 orders together. I'd say we will shoot to have orders in by the 15th of the month?

Yeah, I'll have to do some looking around and talking with some people that have simliiar setups, and see what kind of weight they are at.

Thomas

PReDiTR91
04-06-2006, 11:29 PM

Thomas
I need till next friday to come up with the rest of the money!!! No engine in my car either! :D PReDiTR91:D

AtroXR7
04-07-2006, 12:07 AM
I've been following it mildly for a long time, honestly I planned on fabricating my own LCA's and a new top mount so I could just use hot rod coilovers and set it up however I want. I really would have liked to see a dual adjustable front so I could push a good drag launch as well as a good cornering setup.
Im running a 96 4.6 cougar btw. I dig these simply because they're tested and he has a jig for the fabrication. At the price and total adjustability, I think I'd rather just pay it than taking the car down for unknown days. The gf and I just have too many projects now, 87 tbird sport, 86 TC to receive a TT inline 300, 84 SVO mustang, 96 cougar. And im looking at a neighbor's hidden 69 cougar with a 390 to go with it. Not to mention gf's medical bills.

95badbird
04-07-2006, 04:51 PM
The 15th sounds fine, or maybe we should start calling and putting in orders on the 14th. That way, Denny has all weekend to set up the jig, and maybe start working on them Monday. So hopefully, we can get them before the first.:D

Thomas A
04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, if you are ready to order, I'd say call as earlier as possible. That way they can get things going. I plan to submit my order on Tuesday. I think I'm going to opt for the chrome springs. BLING! :D

Thomas

95badbird
04-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I think I'm going to opt for the chrome springs. BLING! :D

Thomas
Do they make em in red?

quick35th
04-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I have this bad feeling I wont have the money all together by next week. I hope I can still get on this. The SC I was looking into ended up costing 10k more than I wanted to spend so I am all 35th for good. I just might need another week or two.

Shane

95badbird
04-08-2006, 10:02 AM
I have this bad feeling I wont have the money all together by next week. I hope I can still get on this. The SC I was looking into ended up costing 10k more than I wanted to spend so I am all 35th for good. I just might need another week or two.

Shane
whew, 10 grand more is a good amount.
I'm sure you'll have enough time.

95badbird
04-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Well guys, I've been asking a lot of questions to Mustang guys who run coil-over setups on their cars. I was planning on going with 225lb. springs. Well, now I'm actually going with 175lb. springs up front.
Now this isn't/shouldn't be what everyone else does.....just in my case, this is going to work out best for now. As my car is being totaly designed for nothing but 1/4 mile racing.

95badbird
04-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I guess when everyone gets their order in, post up!

EECDOC
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Unless your bird is super light, Like 3000 lbs. or under with driver. The 175 lb/in. springs are way too light. I was thinking 250lb/in springs for my set up, but after talking to Denny I will try a 275lb spring. If it is too stiff I have a set of 250's. Looks like the end of the month before they ship. Seemed like a real informed guy to deal with. Thanks goes out to Bruce for his prototype work.

Mike.........

Randy N Connie
04-11-2006, 11:39 AM
I blew my head gaskets a couple weeks ago.So I am in the same boat as others ,on not knowing the weight of the front of my car.

My car weight is 3720lbs total (no driver).I am taking another 150lbs off
this month.This weight will be removed in the doors area 140lbs.
And the trunk lid area 50LBS.And moving my battery to the trunk.
So I should only be lightining up the trunk area 10lbs.
But taking the battery weight from the frontend.

Anyone have a guest-a-ment on my front end weight?
So I can place my order.

Thanks Randy

Harley-Davidson people that own Thunderbirds RULE!! :)

quick35th
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
I really hate to say this guys but I might have to back out of this for now. I have no idea what weight my front end is going to end up on my 35th. For one I dont know exactly what all I am going to take out of the car still. I just feel that I should sort things out on the car first before I buy these because I dont want to end up with the wrong valving or the wrong spring and be unhappy with them. If things change I will let you guys know.

Shane

Mercutio
04-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Got my order in today...

Thomas A
04-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I got my order in today. Just need one more :D

Thomas

Randy N Connie
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I will not be placing an order.The money I put aside for the adjustable
shocks. I will be using for a new motor.

I waited close to 3 years to get a tune. Well I got a tune finaly.
Now I need to buy a new motor after being stupped enough to
be talked into driving my car to get tuned in stead of trailering
my car... :rolleyes:

Thanks Randy

PReDiTR91
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I have the six hundred in my hand except I have to pay some bills & may need some of it for jr.'s birthday party next weekend!:o Next weeks pay check will be for the birthday party also so I would have the money the week after that! I tried!:D PReDiTR91:D

PReDiTR91
04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Just called D&D racing & gave him my info, he said he will start work in about 2 weeks cause hes waiting for some parts to come in:) Looks like Im back in the game!!! :cool: PReDiTR91:cool:

95badbird
04-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Just called D&D racing & gave him my info, he said he will start work in about 2 weeks cause hes waiting for some parts to come in:) Looks like Im back in the game!!! :cool: PReDiTR91:cool:
Hell, I bet Denny would hold your order for a month or two(not building them yet of course, until you were ready to pay), so you could get the $599 discount.

95badbird
04-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Also, did anyone else order the torington bearing kit, along with a spanner wrench?

Thomas A
04-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I was thinking about it. I don't know, I don't plan to adjust the ride height real often. Once I get it set to where I like it, I don't think I would change it.

I wonder if the SC Top Spanner Wrench will work on these??

Thomas

95badbird
04-15-2006, 10:51 PM
I was thinking about it. I don't know, I don't plan to adjust the ride height real often. Once I get it set to where I like it, I don't think I would change it.

I wonder if the SC Top Spanner Wrench will work on these??

Thomas
I did, but only because I plan on lowering it in the front some at the track.
But I will have to raise it everytime I put it on the trailer though.

VicRattlehead
04-18-2006, 11:46 PM
aright, if tax man comes through soon, im in. im waiting for my return, ill call denny and see what he says.

anyone know the wight of a 96 lx 00 windsor iron block engine glass hood and the rest stock??? im guessing id be in the same boat as Mike, but i dont have the blower and accessories to go with it would 250# be right? ill ask denny when i talk with him to be sure but taking opinions from you guys too.

**edit**

email sent to D&D attn denny, ill let you all know what they/he says about me getting in on the gp.

btw thomas thanks for setting it up.

Thomas A
04-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Not a problem. Denny has been great to work with, and has been very helpful to everyone that has talked to him.

Thomas

VicRattlehead
04-19-2006, 06:08 PM
got a reply im in okay as soon as i get the refund from the U.S. mob, err irs ill be ordering.

i was also asking about spring rates for me he said 250# if you have shaved weight of the front and 275# if your close to stock, well for now im more stock but im going more toward the lighter side, soon to have the kmember, battery in trunk, alumn block no ac/heater core etc. so i will probably go with the 250's and go from there.

95badbird
04-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Just to give everyone an update....I asked Denny how things were going with the QA1's, and he said,
"Hi Nick,

We have everything we need exept for the lower clevis bracket. They have been on back order but are due in this coming week."

83GT460
04-22-2006, 10:19 AM
I did, but only because I plan on lowering it in the front some at the track.
But I will have to raise it everytime I put it on the trailer though.

Nick you could have saved a little money, I have a spare spanner wrench as two came with the coil overs I put on my Mustang. Also I think after you get it all together you will decide to pick a ride height that works and leave it there as they can be a pain to adjust.

Charles

95badbird
04-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Nick you could have saved a little money, I have a spare spanner wrench as two came with the coil overs I put on my Mustang. Also I think after you get it all together you will decide to pick a ride height that works and leave it there as they can be a pain to adjust.

Charles
Thats all right, it was actually a good deal, it was a bit cheaper with the bearing kit.

But thanks anyway.

Also, hopefully the bearings should make a bit easier to adjust.

95badbird
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
alright, another update fromm Denny.
He said, that they are still looking at next week for a ship out date, but, they still have not recieved the lower clevis brakets yet.
So it sounds like they are ready minus the bottom braket.

95badbird
05-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Allright, another update.

Denny said they still have not got the brackets yet, but are supposed to any day now.

Nick

95badbird
05-13-2006, 04:00 PM
allright, Denny got the brackets on Friday-5-12-06, so he's trying to get them finished up.
Also he said he has 8 orders, but only 7 commited payments.

Just letting everyone know.
Nick

XxSlowpokexX
05-17-2006, 11:53 PM
I have D&D coil overs in my cougar..good stuff

Thomas A
05-19-2006, 12:37 AM
MINE SHOWED UP TODAY!!!! :eek:

Thomas

quick35th
05-19-2006, 02:19 AM
MINE SHOWED UP TODAY!!!! :eek:

Thomas

We need pics! :D

Shane

Thomas A
05-19-2006, 02:59 AM
Not really too much to see. They won't be getting installed any time soon. The springs are still in the boxes.

http://www.gmmodernmuscle.com/fileupload/uploads/qa1_struts.jpg

Thomas

quick35th
05-19-2006, 09:20 AM
I wonder if those will ever be available in the future. Maybe if so I'll have to get a set of them if the konis on the front of my car now ever blow out.

Shane

95badbird
05-19-2006, 09:51 PM
I wonder if those will ever be available in the future. Maybe if so I'll have to get a set of them if the konis on the front of my car now ever blow out.

Shane
I'm sure they will.
Just think, it was roughly 2 years since Denny has made these.

On a side note, I have been on vacation all week, and these were a nice thing to come home to.

Mercutio
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Got mine as well. Wish I had time to put them on sooner...

95badbird
05-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Got mine as well. Wish I had time to put them on sooner...
don't rush anything.

BTW, I found out that a 9/16 bolt in grade 8 fits perfect.
you can either get 4" long, and get a lock nut on it, or go 5" long and get a lock nut and a back up nut fot it on there.

Hope this helps.

PReDiTR91
05-23-2006, 03:20 AM
So has any one tested out there coilover yet? I wont get mine for a few more days but my cars not even done yet anyways!!!:(

VicRattlehead
05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
so i ordered mine today, they should be here next week, denny had to order some different spring rates for me.

nick what spring rate did you get? i ended up going with 275's

and we can all thank GM for helping out on this gp as we all have CORVETTE parts on our cars now.

Mercutio
05-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Don't our cars come with a stiffer spring than 275? Everyone else seemed to want that rate, so what am I missing? Aren't our front lowering springs typically in the 400+ pound range? I ordered 350 pound springs...what am I not understanding?

95badbird
05-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I went with 175 at first, they were to light.
I'm going to try 300.
But still not sure if it'll be enough, maybe 325's?

PReDiTR91
05-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I went with 175 at first, they were to light.
I'm going to try 300.
But still not sure if it'll be enough, maybe 325's?
I got 275 for my 351W. Let us know how the 300 work out , How much have you lightened up your front end?
PReDiTR91

davec73
07-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Thomas I am bringing this old thread back buddy do you remember what my front springs are?

Thomas A
07-23-2017, 10:25 PM
They are 275#