New Ford GT Finally Arrives!

SK_BlownThunder

I finally got to see the Ford GT in person. They finally hit the Canadian prairies after one hard year of waiting for the Canadian government to approve these cars for sale in Canada. Unfortunately in this process a rear bumper had to be added along with a few other minor features that I am not real happy with. This one finally arrived here in Regina just on Friday and I just got to see it this morning. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me how to make the pics smaller so I can attach them in the forum. They are sittin right around the 7-800 KB mark so some input would be good. Or, I can just email them to someone to put on here for me, which is good too, just send me your email. Mine is geiger.brett@gmail.com so I will be checking it for anyone interested. It really is a nice car and with the $15 000 paint scheme, it really is a collector cause it is the original scheme that the 1960s GT40s that raced in the LeMans had on them. I personally like the black ones with the silver racing stripes or even the yellow ones with the black racing stripes better, but oh well, just to sit behind the wheel of one of these babies was a thrill and a half. So far the sticker is sittin over $260 000 CDN without taxes so there are so many possibilities I can do with a lottery ticket if I had one. It was sort of funny because I ended up knowing more about this car than most of the salesmen. It was nice of them to let us get in it though because they were generally keeping it locked up from the public in the showroom by owner's request. I know 44 inches is low but even with the seat all the way back against the glass wall of the cockpit, my head still stuck over the top of the roof without shutting the door.

Nice car, but the bird can take it, I know in my heart it can, maybe just not on the track though.

FORD_GT.jpg

FORD_GT_5.jpg

FORD_GT_and_Me.jpg

FORD_GT_Blower.jpg

FORD_GT_Canadian_Style.jpg

FORD_GT_Cockpit.jpg

FORD_GT_Opened_Up.jpg

I work at a Ford dealership in Windsor... the owner bought the first one.. and he ordered a second one for some other guy who bought one.. It wont be in until August. they are a true supercar.. I'll tell you that much.

Boy, I didnt realize how close that blower pulley was to the driver's head!
No long hair for that ride!
:eek:

too bad about that rear bumper :( oh well, i guess if you've got the money for one of those, then you've got the money to fix that sore point :)

I am 6 feet, 5 inches tall and I think if I would have slouched down a little more towards the pedals, I probably could do it with the door closed, thanks.

Last I heard the dealer owner here is also buying this car. I know him quite well so when I hear for sure that is the case, I will be getting some dibs on taking a cruise one day with him. I have a feeling that if he keeps it in Regina, it may just end up sitting a garage all its life and going to car shows. It would be a shame if that was the case because to me, if you can afford one of these you should be able to afford to keep it maintained. Now only if that lottery ticket goes through...

I am still looking forward to the possibility of driving one when I go to Michigan this May.

I am 6 feet, 5 inches tall and I think if I would have slouched down a little more towards the pedals, I probably could do it with the door closed, thanks.

Last I heard the dealer owner here is also buying this car. I know him quite well so when I hear for sure that is the case, I will be getting some dibs on taking a cruise one day with him. I have a feeling that if he keeps it in Regina, it may just end up sitting a garage all its life and going to car shows. It would be a shame if that was the case because to me, if you can afford one of these you should be able to afford to keep it maintained. Now only if that lottery ticket goes through...

I am still looking forward to the possibility of driving one when I go to Michigan this May.

Back