Cog Setup? 411 Please?

hmm..

1QuikV6 said:

I think the only benefit is to prevent belt slippage. I've heard actually that their hard on parts like the supercharger. I don't know how much truth there is to that. I would think you'd only need/want this as a last resort to hang out to that last bit of boost. Im sure theres many other things better to buy, however, I think they sound cool. :)

1QuikV6 said:

Cog setup

I run a cog setup only one of two to ever have one for an SC they eleminate belt slippedge but are very hard on the blower as there is no give in it as you have with stock adjustable idelers. The best way is to have a front snout support made to help the stress. I am running 19.5lbs of boost I was having belt shredding with ESM quick change setup the Cogged blower drive eleminated that so far only two where ever made by CMRE Coy and me are the only ones using this setup. The sound it makes is like that of a blown alcohol monster loud whine

Last edited:
cogs are the best pulley setup you can go with when it comes to wanting to make and maintain boost. The only problem with cogs is they are a bit harder on the snout of the crank and the snout of the blowers..but then again, on a serpintine setup, a good amount of tension is needed, still putting stress on the snout of the crank & blower. Cog setups also tend to not like to be pedaled. Have broken many belts from this.. then again, with our setup we turn 8800-9200rpm with 75mm cogs and a 50mm belt making 35+lbs of boost.

88 tooth crank pulley, 56 tooth blower pulley @ 9100 = 77,000+ impeller rpm :D (35+psi)

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Cog setup

I run a cog setup only one of two to ever have one for an SC they eleminate belt slippedge but are very hard on the blower as there is no give in it as you have with stock adjustable idelers. The best way is to have a front snout support made to help the stress. I am running 19.5lbs of boost I was having belt shredding with ESM quick change setup the Cogged blower drive eleminated that so far only two where ever made by CMRE Coy and me are the only ones using this setup. The sound it makes is like that of a blown alcohol monster loud whine

crank support should also be used if you can have it made if you are gonna turn a set of cogs somewhat "hard".

got a 50mm cog pulley at the shop that ATI made. Has a clutch inside it so when you pedal the car, it neutrals out and doesnt try ripping the teeth off the belt and breaking it :D thing weighs like 10lbs though..scared to put it on the blower :eek:

tensioner modification

there was a post on her about a couple of weeks ago about a guy that had redrilled a couple of the holes for the tension on the sc belt so he could move the tensioner pulley closer to the sc pulley and have the belt wrap around the sc pully alot more. There was a question about how it would work because the belt was so close together, but in this video it looks like the belt off the cog pulley is just as tight together.

253,000miles+cog setup making 35psi= An angry neighbor with a piston through her plate glass window across the street :rolleyes:

I'll stick with my 5% under drive and 11psi lol... At least I can still get a thumbs up from a stomped 350Z owner lol

Has anyone here ever put a rod through a block? Id be curious to see some literally b l o w n 3.8's lol

Pro-Street Rich was going to have some cogged pullies machined up.
You might be able to ah him if you have interrest in cogged pullies.

Randy

1QuikV6 said:
Has anyone here ever put a rod through a block? Id be curious to see some literally b l o w n 3.8's lol

I didnt, but the longblock i got for a donor motor for my car had a rod stickin through the side. My motor had a rod in 3 pieces :D

In my N/A bird i had a rod break, and absolutly obliterated the oil pan, and ruined the cylinder wall and bottom of the block. No pics though; Sorry.

Maybe after a rebuild then I'll boost it a little more but i doubt I'll go farther than a 10% underdrive and a jackshaft. Cogs do look and sound sweet though, I didnt know they'd chew a belt though wow

Back