Drip...Drip...

Spider

i notice it after i drive around the block a couple times i look under the car and i get about 10 drips slowly. then it seems to stop since hours later theres not a puddle. heres the only picture i could get since i cant see under there i had to hold my arm under the car and hope i aimed at the right spot.

i circled the drip marks i think those are it and I'm not sure if theres more that what i circled. what is this part ? can it be fixed or do i need to replaced it ?

Brake Fluid i think :D

drip.jpg

That's your rear brake splitter.
If your lucky, its just loose you need to tighten the nut you circled the line of there....
Other more likely thing is you have a cracked bubble flare in that brake line, in which case you need to go to a boneyard and get another line from another SC. There is no tool that I know of to repair the factory line, but somebody will chime in if I am wrong.....
Don't wait too long to fix that, and keep an eye on the BF reservoir!

paul:)

Last edited:
well it looks like its leaking from the white plastic and Brass part of it. after cleaning it and going for a short drive its drips about 1 spoon full or so when i get back into the driveway... so does this mean i need a new one ? :(

its dripping from here
blsss.jpg

Last edited:
cool thanks for the info. i see my part with the name "brake pressure switch" on google images but i cant find anything for any car on any online parts stores. is this part expensive ?

I had to buy mine from the dealer...I dont remember what it cost...I do remember thinking it was a bit pricey though. Mine leaked the same way and it "will" get worse if you dont replace it...Just a word to the wise..;)

well its another Wrecking yard only part... seems I'm going to the junk yard to get my part tomorrow. then after i get my title i thinking I'm just gonna sell my car since its my daily driver and i share my car with my girlfriend i cant have a car that when something brakes i have to call everyone in the phone book to find ot i have to call all the junk yards to get a stupid part then rip everything off to replace it...

Spider said:
well its another Wrecking yard only part... seems I'm going to the junk yard to get my part tomorrow. then after i get my title i thinking I'm just gonna sell my car since its my daily driver and i share my car with my girlfriend i cant have a car that when something brakes i have to call everyone in the phone book to find ot i have to call all the junk yards to get a stupid part then rip everything off to replace it...

To me, these are better than making car+insurance payments for something that's ho-hum to drive!
Good luck to you!

well i as told at the junkyard they had my part for $35 bucks pulled for the whole brake splitter with the part i needed attached to it. so i drive down there 30 mins away to find out, oh sorry, that 92 SC we cant part with that only sell as a whole car. I'm like.........~~~ some new guy they said told me they had the part but it wasn't from a parts car so now I'm stuck with a puddle of brake fluid in my drive way. 1 part away from getting my car on the road. i might Have a buyer for my corsica in a couple days and when i get money for that my SC is my daily driver and its time to hit the road.

i need help getting this part can anyone help ? this ~~~~ is driving me nuts. i cant seem to get my car complete.

>>>>>>>>>
I was told only the 1990 to 1992 SC work.
they also rambled on about some production dates if before some date only this year will work and if its after this date only these certain years will work.
but i got 4 different answers from 4 different Ford Dealerships.
can anyone help clearify what years will really work for my car. its the Brake Proportioning Valve.
>>>>>>>>>

the junkyard has a 92 red SC Auto with 68k miles on it with a blown head gasket and very nice interior. i think it was the black leather.

Last edited:
Spider said:
well i as told at the junkyard they had my part for $35 bucks pulled for the whole brake splitter with the part i needed attached to it. so i drive down there 30 mins away to find out, oh sorry, that 92 SC we cant part with that only sell as a whole car. I'm like.........~~~ some new guy they said told me they had the part but it wasn't from a parts car so now I'm stuck with a puddle of brake fluid in my drive way. 1 part away from getting my car on the road. i might Have a buyer for my corsica in a couple days and when i get money for that my SC is my daily driver and its time to hit the road.

i need help getting this part can anyone help ? this ~~~~ is driving me nuts. i cant seem to get my car complete.

>>>>>>>>>
I was told only the 1990 to 1992 SC work.
they also rambled on about some production dates if before some date only this year will work and if its after this date only these certain years will work.
but i got 4 different answers from 4 different Ford Dealerships.
can anyone help clearify what years will really work for my car. its the Brake Proportioning Valve.
>>>>>>>>>

the junkyard has a 92 red SC Auto with 68k miles on it with a blown head gasket and very nice interior. i think it was the black leather.

That yard you went to sucks, dont go there accept to use the toilet.
any 89-93 car should work for what you are seeking. The only place you will get good info is here.
I hope you stick around.
I won't go anywhere but U Pull It for car parts
U live in WA, any of those up your way????
I have three here in Oregon close by...

yea we have a pull apart, haven't called them yet though since all the gas driving around is costing me more than the part... i talked to a guy in the wanted add i posted and he says he has one and ill be sending payment for my part as soon as my funds are transfered from my bank. i went to "Cascade Auto wrecking" i got a motor from there for my moms car. installed great and started right up and been running perfectly since then :)

seems like a cool place i just got a moron on the phone that time and i paid for it :(

thanks for the info.
hopefully i can get this part from this guy and my car will be complete. that if something doesn't blow up while I'm romping on it when i Finlay get to drive it :rolleyes:

well i just talked with my neighbor and he said the Mercury Mark 8 uses the same ABS system so a Proportioning valve from one of those might work. but I'm not sure all what years will work. does anyone know ?
i might have better luck finding one for that car than the SC

edited: ok i see they don't make a Mercury mark 8 so anyone know what he might have meant to say ?

Last edited:
darkstar_one said:
he meant lincoln mark viii and i dont think they have the same ABS as the birds... the lincolns did...

I know that 1988 Lincoln Continentals had the Teves II, because I took the accumulator off one to use on my 89 SC. By 1992 they had a conventional vacuum booster/mastercylinder and seperate ABS system like the 93+ T-Birds. I don't know when they made the change, but that's another car to check at the pick-u-part.

I would call Priorreman though before I would pay much for an old used part.

Jerry

so if i got a part number from ford for my valve would it be the same part number for all makes and models ? so i can just search for part number ?

Yes, part #'s are part #'s. If it has that part # on it it is the same. It has to be the exact same # though. The #'s on parts are engineering #'s which most times can be traced back to their part #.

Back