Man I Think FORD is stupid...

darkstar_one

Well after picking up the MAY ISSUE of MUSCLE MUSTANGS AND FAST FORDS... i open it up and i gotta say... FORD... really stupid... Why do you ask? Because of this.... the FPV BOSS 290 GT-P .... one hell of a bad ~~~ car... ... but pretty stupid to give us the FUSION and the 500... too bad this car retails at almost 55K :mad: i wouldnt mind owning this four door sedan...

fpvgtp05_011600.jpg

fpvgtp05_02.jpg

fpvgtp05_engine.jpg

fpvgtp05_07.jpg

Lose the wing and put a set of 2007 GT 500 rims under it and I'd be all over it "if" we could get it.

There is alot of badass FPV cars out there, and they are finnaly getting noticed a little more out here, the more people hear about it the better chance we got seeing something like that

Well guys looks like I'm gonna go to Australia for vacation and test drive some of the sweet cars they have there.

yeah well australia owns us when it comes to awesome cars.

dodge pukes out an ugly ~~~ "charger". and makes us think the challenger will really look like that...

yet people hate on the 04-06 GTO. Why ? " waaaah no hooood scoopsss, the exhaust tips arent on both siiiiides, not reeeeetroooo enough" Yet the fact that it has an AMAZING interior, handles awesome, and is powered by one of the best modern V8's built. Not to mention its a bit of a sleeper. JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL GTO.

Now we get the message there is no 07 GTO, and when it comes back it will be retro.

I hope they bring all of the Aussie cars here... especially the australian "falcon" pick up car thing. They are much nicer than the Mustang, and would be a good match for an M3.

and if you split 55K in half, thats how much it would be in the US.. Aussie $ is equivalent to 2X our dollar amount, so about 25-30K.

The 05-06 GTO's have dual exhaust tips and hood scoops, but I get what you're saying. But look at the sales of the GTO-what incentive does that give Ford to go through the trouble getting the car emissions/crash certified when all we're gonna do is bash it for it's bland looks. I think Ford has a lot of amazing cars down there in Australia, but considering American buyer's opinion on the GTO, we quite frankly don't deserve to see cars like that here. Accords for everyone!

yes i know it has dual tips and scoops now... but in 04 people bitched about it... they got it in 05, along with 50 extra horsepower.. still nothing.

someone has to start a reaction.. You have dodge and ford both going retro.. even though Ford kind of started it with the Thunderbird, and the forty nine concept and 427. Now chevy is pursuing it with the new Camaro, like they did with the SSR.

If both Ford and GM released more aussie based cars, people would respond. The only problem is that the GTO stands "alone", GM knew it was bold to bring the Manaro to the states, but also a risk. They know that Americans are generally stupid and shallow and will trade shallow traits for performance. Thats why when people bitched about the GTO not having "hood scoops" I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever. The GTO is much like the Supercoupe was, or the entire MN12 line for that matter, just ford didnt do what GM did performance wise.

In 5 years the 04-06 GTO will be an amazing car to aquire. Not that it isnt now, but it will be at least 10K to get a solid one.

I just think people are too picky, the only thing you have is the view of the steering wheel/ and the feel of the car. Not only is the dash and steering wheel gorgeous, but the car drives awesome.

So what if its modern looking.

Last edited:
My friend just got an 06 GTO last week. He called me about 20 minutes ago and told me the good news. 500 miles on it, just blew the rear end. What a piece of ~~~~.

The LS2 is a good motor, the interior is nice. The exhaust sounds good, but.... the front looks like a ram air grand am gt, and the rear ends are junk.

They should have put a solid axle 12 bolt in the GTO and restyled the front bumper. I'd still drive one, but I'm kind of scared if the rear ends are really that weak. He is still on the 235 series 18's it came with, and the rear end breaks. What a fragile car.

I disagree in that bringing Australian cars here will get the reaction that you're thinking of. And I also think that hood scoops and dual exhaust was a huge improvement, and totally completed the GTO (which shouldn't have been called the GTO.) But anyway, Americans and American carmakers have become stuck on this retro craze as of late. While I agree that the GTO/Falcon/Typhoon are ridiculously beautiful cars w/ equally ridiculous performace, they can't hold a candle to a new V-6 Mustang for most Americans. The Aussie cars are no competition for our disgusting sense of styling. It pains me to see that Australia gets cars like the that and we BEG the automakers to pump out cars like the PT Cruiser, Camaro and SSR because they are "retro". But hey, most Americans can't even drive a manual, so what could would any FPV vehicle be to them? I hope you're right about the GTO. If I were in the market for any new car, I would probably have one. They are incredible. But I'd be surprised if they were ever worth anything, as I really don't think they'll ever shake the image of being such a styling disappointment. Whatever. The closest thing we will ever see to a Falcon or Typhoon will the GTO. And we killed it. So I hope you like automatics, because if you want a fast American sedan, you're gonna be rockin' a 300C. I personally have given up on American cars. Other than Pontiac, no one makes ANYTHING that I would seriously consider buying. I'd be surprised if my next car wasn't an Accord, as those V-6 6 speeds can pretty much outperform anything American automakers are willing to build.

The rear ends are junk? This is the first I have heard of one breaking...

Sounds to me like you buddy has some problems. He can hardly make the GTO hang with a Z 24 or a supercoiupe with half the HP he has, and now he has managed to break the rearend??? Maybe he should stick to being a passenger.

Scott Long said:
My friend just got an 06 GTO last week. He called me about 20 minutes ago and told me the good news. 500 miles on it, just blew the rear end. What a piece of ~~~~.

The LS2 is a good motor, the interior is nice. The exhaust sounds good, but.... the front looks like a ram air grand am gt, and the rear ends are junk.

They should have put a solid axle 12 bolt in the GTO and restyled the front bumper. I'd still drive one, but I'm kind of scared if the rear ends are really that weak. He is still on the 235 series 18's it came with, and the rear end breaks. What a fragile car.

They're not that weak, that's an anamoly. A buddy has an '04 and done intake and headers, rear end holding up just fine. Your friend got a Friday special is all.

Though my friend does mention he has wheel hop probs like I do, that may be consistent with their back end design, ask your friend if he had it too.

I think the GTO had a few problems.

weight
cost
and exterior design.

I believe the cost of the GTO is not unreasonable for what it is. The American public just has always had a problem understandinge xactly what a GT car is. One of the reasons the SC wasnt that successful (although it had a longer run then the GTO!!!!)

Cosmetically it is really personal opinion but I believe (and at least a majority of people I know do to) that the GTO was to plain and not classy.

Funny how much us Americans will pay for a cl500 though!

Back