PDA

View Full Version : Double posts

XR7 Dave
03-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Anyone else notice all the double posts lately? I haven't actually made any but almost everyone has and I think I know why. There seems to be something up with the SCCOA server. I normally surf with several tabs open and I have found that recently the SCCOA has been REALLY slow to respond at times. I have trouble with my DSL dropping my IP address at random so at first I wrote it off as a DSL problem but I've begun to notice that while I'm waiting for SCCOA to respond I can go off and do many other things.

So basically I'm starting to see a pattern of very slow response on SCCOA like as if the server is being overloaded. I've also noticed something else. I can't see that we are overloading the server, so I went to look and see who was on line. I have noticed that if you go to the "who's online" link you will see tons and tons of "guests" surfing super old posts reading things that to me make no sense. My guess is that we are experiencing high loads from "bots" surfing for emails or something. I can't imagine there are that many "guests" interested in trivial posts that date from 2002.

Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Jake
03-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I've noticed that too and I'm one of those who always looks to see who's online and lately there have been more "guests" than usual. I also counted 8 guests looking at the same post that was 2 years old and over 20 looking at user profile, my guess is that something is wrong with the server. I responded to a post here this morning and it kicked me off the site.

pablon2
03-29-2006, 10:26 AM
189 guests presently. That's insane and I'm with you on this one Dave, not all of them are breathing.

Kurt K
03-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I've noticed extremely long times to actually make a post. I also had a problem with a thread I started in the Electrical forums. Even though there were a few replies, none of them were ever indicated on the "number of replies", nor did I get notification of a reply. I actually started a new thread, and that one appears to be working.

blkthndr
03-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Hosting company is looking into it.

-Ron

blkthndr
03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok, how is this functioning now?

XR7 Dave
03-30-2006, 11:38 PM
It seems much better. Haven't posted much though. :)

Jason Wild
03-30-2006, 11:51 PM
I have found it was slow a little better today.
But it's still slow to post and at one point today evertime I went to post I was loged out for some reason.:rolleyes:

Ira R.
03-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Ok, how is this functioning now?
Well, it currently says there are 90 guests and 28 members online, and it seems to be working okay.

Ira

Kurt K
03-31-2006, 12:51 AM
My posts seem to be much quicker this evening. Things seem much better.