HG blown

Chrismiss

Hey guys I blew an HG today. What should I have done to the heads while I have them off? Also the previous owner of my car got rid of the EGR and I'm sure it hasn't had a tune, could this have contributed to the demise of my HG?

What are your goals? do you have any mods now? are you planning any future mods?

And no, i don't think that deletingt he EGR could have contributed to the HG failure

I'm planning some mods. Nothing real outlandish. The car is basically stock now. I am going to install my ported exhaust manifolds and have new exhaust put on while it's down for the count. I'm also planning on having the intake ported.

clean your engine 2 times with engine cleaner and then run it for about 100-300 miles and change oil again...:)

sc power said:
clean your engine 2 times with engine cleaner and then run it for about 100-300 miles and change oil again...:)

ENGINE CLEANER????? What exactly is that? :rolleyes:
If you are speaking of the overpriced solvents that you can get to "clean" your engine internals.... don't waste your money. First of all they are a waste of money, and second of all, even if they were good for what they claim, they would not make any difference in cleaning out coolant anyways. They are "designed" to remove sludge buildup. But if you have sludge buildup... a simple pour in solvent will likely CAUSE more problems than it will solve.

I would just fill it with cheap ~~~ oil... run it a few minutes... change it to good oil and be on your way. This of course would all be done AFTER the HG swap and ASSUMING it wasn't run with a crankcase full of coolant.

Back