Cooling fan help

weaverms

I just purchased a 93 SC, and I have been instantly hooked. One problem I have noticed is that once the engine gets warmed up it tends to start overheating. After some troubleshooting, my friend and I discovered that the fan does not come on. The only way it will come on is if I turn on the AC. Then the engine temp goes down back to normal and keeps it cool. If anyone has experienced this your help in identifying the problem (sensor has been replaced already) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

How are you determining it is overheating? The stock gauge?
My 95 will get slightly past the M in norm before the fan actually kicks on. The stock gauge isn't very accurate.

That's a good sign, since that shows that the IRCM is working properly.

One of two things. Either the engine isn't overheating, but you're just worried. Or the temperature sensor had the wire come off or is failed and isn't giving the engine computer the right readings.

The temp sender for the gage is on the front right (you facing it) of the motor. The temp sender for the computer is on the other side of the blower.

let I just got a 93 and I'm worried because teh temp gauge does not move and the fan has not come on , but I have driven it very little and it is making tons of boost when I have 11-13 on factory gauge,

hell just go in front of battery cut coating on wire 14 or 17 and run a wire from a ground source to the wire or 17 it will make fan run all the time .
Ive been running mine for 4 yrs no problems I also ran a 165 thermostat

my temps on a 104 deg day never go over the n in normal

mannysc said:
hell just go in front of battery cut coating on wire 14 or 17 and run a wire from a ground source to the wire or 17 it will make fan run all the time .
Ive been running mine for 4 yrs no problems I also ran a 165 thermostat

my temps on a 104 deg day never go over the n in normal
how do i no what wires those are i cant find them?

so i just cut that wire and ground it? what end do i ground? the one off teh box or the end from the harness. .. sorry for all the questions im so confussed. :confused:

ya dont even have to cut it just peel it back and wrap wire around it tape it up and run wire to a toggle switch and from switch to ground so you can retain stock operation and turn it on on demand grounding it interupes the signal making it come on

Back