Possible blown head gasket

H GREENLEY

I thought I had gotten some bad gas when my car started running ruff. After a week it got worse, and when I went to start the car one morning it would hardly turn over, but did start, and the idle was very ruff. I noticed a white smoke from the exhaust. I checked the oil but, it didn't look as though there was coolant present but my coolant level was low, and showed no signs of leakage and I added coolant. I drove the car the next day and after about five miles the temperture was nearly in the red. I returned home and by the time I got their the coolant was boiling, and the car ran ruff at low RPM'S but ok at higher RPM'S. I am still not seeing any leaks any were, I checked the oil again for coolant and it looked this time like maybe some sign's of presents, but not sure.

Your thoughts, do I have a blown H/G

I had your same problem the first week i had my SC, except i didnt see the smoke. I put regular gas in it instead of premium, and it ran like hell. I was stuck in traffic once, and my temp shot all the way up, and my 'check gauges' light came on. I also had problems starting, i assume because of the gas i used. I checked my oil and coolant levels a few times, and they were fine.

I bought some premium gas, and drove it for a while and it got better. I hope everything works out well for you, although the smoke you said you have dosent seem like a good sign.

-Nick

Back