Sunroof Lifter Arms.. HELP ASAP... RAINS COMING!

darkstar_one

Hey, I am trying to install the new lifter arms on the sunroof and they keep popping out of place when i try to test them without the glass.... When i try to test them to pull forward like to tilt the glass up it stays good but then when i try to test them to go down and pull the glass back they keep coming out the track.... anyone know whats up with this??? It stays in place when i install it but then when i test and pull them back the plastic spring comes out of place.... I was thinking of removing it but then again maybe thats why it was rattling to begin with because one side was missing the plastic spring a majig...

darkstar_one said:
Hey, I am trying to install the new lifter arms on the sunroof and they keep popping out of place when i try to test them without the glass.... When i try to test them to pull forward like to tilt the glass up it stays good but then when i try to test them to go down and pull the glass back they keep coming out the track.... anyone know whats up with this??? It stays in place when i install it but then when i test and pull them back the plastic spring comes out of place.... I was thinking of removing it but then again maybe thats why it was rattling to begin with because one side was missing the plastic spring a majig...

I replaced mine a few weeks ago, I noticed mine would pop out without the glass attached as well. Just loosen up the tracks so you can get the slider under there properly, then attach the glass.

I also noticed that the tracks/rails have some play in them. When you tighten them down, make sure they line up with the way they were. I mean you should be able to tell where the screws were originally, typically it leaves spots with the paint rubbed off the rail. If they are too far open or closed the roof won't open/close properly.

I would also assume you maybe replacing the seal at the same time? Use some clear silicone sealant to glue the ends in place. You may also want a small amount at the back (like parallel with the rear bumper.)

Finally, you may have trouble opening the roof into the full open/hidden position. After a week or so my new seal gave in a little and it now opens/closes well. I also lubed the rails with "Gel Lube" from Wal-Mart, it worked well as well.

Good luck,
Sam

Back