Fuel pump

Chambers

Going to change my fuel pump but wondering how big i can go with a regulator if running stock injectors? Im thinking ahead for possible engine upgrades witch i will need a bigger fuel pump.

The BIGGEST

Chambers said:
Going to change my fuel pump but wondering how big i can go with a regulator if running stock injectors? Im thinking ahead for possible engine upgrades witch i will need a bigger fuel pump.
Buy the biggest & never look back. Replacing a fuel pump twice, is much more expensive than spending the few extra bucks to get the best in the first place.

68COUGAR

I agree with Mark, get the 255 lph hi pressure pump and be done with it. It will work fine with a stock regulator.

David

Sorry for the hi-jack (well, sort of a hi-jack) but I was wondering how noisy the 255 lph hi pressure is? The fuel pump in my XR7 in rather noisy and has been since I got the car over a year ago. At first I thought I would be looking at changing pimps soon but it does work great and I have read that the 255 hi pressure pumps can be a bit noisy so now I am inclined to think the original was replaced already with the 255 hi press. and that is why it humms so loud.

Just was wondering since I will be doing some exhaust work soon and figured that would be a good time to do fuel pump if necessary but I don't want to waste the time and $$$ if it doesn't need one.

XR7inWI said:
Sorry for the hi-jack (well, sort of a hi-jack) but I was wondering how noisy the 255 lph hi pressure is? The fuel pump in my XR7 in rather noisy and has been since I got the car over a year ago. At first I thought I would be looking at changing pimps soon but it does work great and I have read that the 255 hi pressure pumps can be a bit noisy so now I am inclined to think the original was replaced already with the 255 hi press. and that is why it humms so loud.

Just was wondering since I will be doing some exhaust work soon and figured that would be a good time to do fuel pump if necessary but I don't want to waste the time and $$$ if it doesn't need one.

Tracy,

Mine is just as quiet as a stock pump...same with the dual in tank 255s on the turbo car.

David

Yes....you already have a fuel pressure regulator. It is preset to about 39.5 psi and uses a vac/boost signal to reduce or increase fuel pressure based on intake manifold pressure.

David

Back