trans question

RED1990XR7

I went to the track on Sat. car shifted fine before and during. when I was leaving the car shifted fine from 1-2 fine, but the 2-3 sift had hesataton. when it shifted it dropped rpms alittle and about 3 sec. later it dropped where it should be. then it shifted in OD about 2 sec. later and wouldn't downshift unless under WOT. whats going on I hope I don't need a new tranny. also there is no slippage in any gear.

I would take it to a tranny shop yes it needs to be set to 33-35psi idling warm in neutral with a proper idle speed and gauge block installed.
Alan

OR 5-11 psi at 1000 rpm idle.....that has always worked for me to average out to about 30+ psi with the block. But it sounds like slipage to me.

I blew my trans on my 89 iroc camaro, and that slips really bad. So I know how a slipping tranny feels and it doesn't feel like that at all. it just shifting weird.

Pop the hood and see if the cable is even still attached to the throttle lever. If so then see if it is loose in the bushing. A new bushing/grommet is available from Ford for cheap. Don't drive the car anymore if the cable is loose or has fallen out.

Mine seems to do that sometimes too. It's a recent rebuild by a recommended guy in my area. I don't see anything wrong with the throttle cable or anything. Maybe I will take it back and ask him to check the TV pressure.

it could have a 2-3 accumulator seal that is starting to go bad.if the seal is really bad it wnt shift into third.

Back