Ok is this true or false, look inside

eightvalver

ok, the following was taken from the thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71030&highlight=bypass+valve

the con would be decreased gas mileage under part throttle (normal driving) from the supercharger constantly trying to build pressure (positively pump) when it is not needed. You would lose that hp that goes into turning it with a pressure difference.

The bypass valve is open under light loads, this keeps the pressure constant across the SC, thus saving the power required to build boost pressure if it is not needed.

I don't know how much fuel economy it would be, probably 3-5 mpg, but it would sound cool all of the time.

A

So you don't need either, if you want one, put on a bypass for fuel economy.

it states the bypass valve is needed for fuel economy and to keep pressure constant across the supercharger.....is this true? because I am putting an m90 on a project car.

I ran my inverted without a bypass at first but the blower gets hot applying drag on the engine all the time.

didnt notice any better power or faster boost but did notice bad fuel economy and hotter blower temps.

You can plug the crosstalk tube for quicker blower response, but it noticably effected my gas mileage...

Noticable enough to make me hook it back up...

Back