ABS Pressure Warning Switch

txsc

I need a good ABS pressure warning switch for the Teves II system ('90 XR-7). This is the switch that is mounted directly to the ABS unit near the pump motor. I want one that's been tested and is verified to be good. Please advise cost shipped to 78154. I can do PayPal.

Thanks,

JD

the-big-e said:
I have a few here....

Tell me how to test them and I will check them out for you....

Ed,

I'll read my service manual tomorrow for the continuity checks, and get back to you ASAP. Assuming you have a good one - how much???

THANKS!!

JD

I have one brand new in the box from Dallas Cadillac. My switch wasn't bad after all, accumulator was at fault. I paid $153 shipped to me. PAy that plus shipping to you and its yours. I doubt anyone would bite at that stellar deal:rolleyes: so I'll most likely send it back and refuse payment. I paid for next day shipping on Friday and it showed up today........:mad:

mlbuxbaum said:
I have one brand new in the box from Dallas Cadillac. My switch wasn't bad after all, accumulator was at fault. I paid $153 shipped to me. PAy that plus shipping to you and its yours. I doubt anyone would bite at that stellar deal:rolleyes: so I'll most likely send it back and refuse payment. I paid for next day shipping on Friday and it showed up today........:mad:

I'm going to see if I can find a good used one first. I hate to have to buy a new one if I can help it.

JD

Spider said:
didnt i just buy one of those for 20 bucks ? ABS Brake Proportioning Valve ?

Nope, the one you bought is on the proportioning valve. I need the one on the ABS unit itself. It's the switch that tells the pump to turn on/off. I wish the one I needed was $20.

JD

You may be able to get one from Prior Remanufacturing http://www.priorreman.com/ in the ballpark of 100-130 dollars new, I don't know what their current price is. If you end up having to get it from a dealer, a Buick or Cadillac dealer (maybe other gm makes also) should have a cheaper price than Ford for the same switch.

xr7rocket said:
You may be able to get one from Prior Remanufacturing http://www.priorreman.com/ in the ballpark of 100-130 dollars new, I don't know what their current price is. If you end up having to get it from a dealer, a Buick or Cadillac dealer (maybe other gm makes also) should have a cheaper price than Ford for the same switch.

Thanks for the tip. I checked your member page, and your Cougar is a dead-ringer for mine. Nice car.

Thanks,

JD

Back