PDA

View Full Version : Torque/Deck Plate Feeler

pablon2
04-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Checking to see if there is an interest in these. I understand that one plate runs about $400. I can beat that price significantly. I'd like an idea of the interest though before I order steel.

Also, for those not familiar with the Torque plate, don't worry, I'm not gonna say something like, "Well, if you have to ask, it isn't for you!" Ha, ha. A brief description is below.

"The purpose of a torque plate is to put the same stress on the engine block [when boring as] it will see when the heads are bolted on. It has been found that without a torque plate you will actually end up with an oval or stretched bore when the heads are on. This results in dropped power and reduced reliability. "---DG Motors.

BT Motorsports
04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't see any reason not to make them, however, be aware that Dave Dalke and I both own and offer deck plates for rent already. I only mention this because the material alone is a small chunk of change, I am sure you do not want to end up with a paperweight.

Paul

pablon2
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't see any reason not to make them, however, be aware that Dave Dalke and I both own and offer deck plates for rent already. I only mention this because the material alone is a small chunk of change, I am sure you do not want to end up with a paperweight.

Paul

That's cool, at the very least we would have more regional coverage so people wouldn't be shipping them across country (I'm upper midwest). I see a substantial savings when buying full length bar stock.

pablon2
05-01-2006, 07:11 PM
The plates are finished. They are made of steel and turned out nice.

Jason Wild
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Nice Job on the plates how much did it cost you in the end?

pablon2
05-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Nice Job on the plates how much did it cost you in the end?

I'd say about $550 for a set. I haven't sat and figured out the labor, might be a little more than that.

victor malvar
05-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi Paul,

Yes they look good. I maybe interested in a set. I can keep for special Jobs.

I'll talk with you about it. Good Job!

Thanks for loaning it to me:p :rolleyes: :)

Take it easy! Happy Mothers day say hello to your Dad.

Victor and gang.