Supercharger gaskets

JiggaJake

So my SC gaskets and IC gaskets have all but broken up (Small little plastic seals). The best replacement / cheapest? I talked to some guys at Dow Corning and they suggested SILASTIC # 338RTV. Cost about 30$.

Anything better or chearper?

~Jake

Wynns IC gaskets

JiggaJake said:
IC gaskets have all but broken up (Small little plastic seals). The best replacement / cheapest? ~Jake
Wynn (Tbird88 aka Texas Thunderbirds) makes the BEST IC gaskets. They seal Great & are reuseable.

http://www.texasthunderbirds.com/ Scroll down until you see: Section 1. First item in section 1, is the gaskets you want.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
And in a pinch, you can use Permatex copper RTV. Just a thin coat on the male side of the joint seems to work just fine and it's pretty easy to remove when you need to clean the joint.

It can be a little messy until you get the hand of it. Personally I like the www.texasthunderbirds.com gaskets, but if you can't wait, the copper RTV is very servicable.

Permatex Copper RTV (orange) all the way. I use it on everything from the throttle body to the return plenum. Good for sealing fittings and bolts too.

David

David Neibert said:
Permatex Copper RTV (orange) all the way. I use it on everything from the throttle body to the return plenum. Good for sealing fittings and bolts too.

David

You should show them the pictures of the back of that MAG III you installed. :p :cool:

Toms-SC said:
You should show them the pictures of the back of that MAG III you installed. :p :cool:

Haha...that was pretty messy looking. Dave Dalke wouldn't let me use orange RTV on the SC top with the AR blower because he thought it would like crap...so we used black.

David

Back