PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Open Close Problem...

darkstar_one
04-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey, I just replaced my sunroof lifter arms and seal and i am having a problem with the sunroof staying in the close position.... Like you can tilt it up and then when you try to close it doesnt stop it keeps going until it is opening the sunroof... same thing in reverse... when its completely opened and you try to close it, it just keeps going until it tilts.... anyone know whats up with this?

Dirk SC
04-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I had the same problem last year but for some reason when I parked it for the winter it sorted itself out. I would be interested to know why this happens as well.

99GSXR750
04-07-2006, 04:52 PM
It's sounds as if the cam for the sunroof motor is not right. Do a search and you'll find the info about calibrating it.
Mike

JStudrawa
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
It's sounds as if the cam for the sunroof motor is not right. Do a search and you'll find the info about calibrating it.
Mike

Is that a Comp Cam? Or a XR7Dave special?

Sorry, had to. :)

birds4us
04-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Sounds like the sunroof motor is out of time to me as well.

Michael Mattix
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I know exactly what the problem is. Your motor needs to be resynchronized. I had the same exact thing and I just had my car parked in my garage. Do a search for the synchronization procedure. If you don't find it, let me know.