Pics of car lowered.

Darkside

Here are some pics with the car lowered and with the spoiler painted and mounted. Thanks to Jeramie K for the help in lowering the car.

Attachments

• Picture 848.jpg
    Picture 848.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 849.jpg
    Picture 849.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Picture 850.jpg
    Picture 850.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 851.jpg
    Picture 851.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 414
  • Picture 852.jpg
    Picture 852.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 202
One more pic. The next project will be to tint the rest of the windows. Then a new hood. I am either going to get a fiberglass hood or make my own cowl hood (again).

Attachments

• Picture 853.jpg
    Picture 853.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Shhweet. That's the one you just recently painted that Winnebago color right? Looks like a light charcoal color. How much did you lower and which springs you go with? Front looks lower than rear, but can't remember if that's normal or not. Can't decide if I like not having the side molding on the doors, but your car is lookin' good.

Still Crusin said:
Shhweet. That's the one you just recently painted that Winnebago color right? Looks like a light charcoal color. How much did you lower and which springs you go with? Front looks lower than rear, but can't remember if that's normal or not. Can't decide if I like not having the side molding on the doors, but your car is lookin' good.

It is just like the mineral grey on the newer Mustangs. We cut the springs in the front a coil and a half. We left the back alone. I was going to see how I liked it before I lowered the back. It has a little rake to it now. So, for now, the front is lower than the back. I am undecided on the side moulding as well. If I do decide to put the moulding back on it will be the 94/95 style moulding. That way I can paint it to match the car.

If you decide to go with the molding, I'd just make sure your doors are in good shape, that way if they're sagging and you fix that problem you won't have to re-align your molding. I recently had my side molding repainted due to some mysterious bubbling of the paint. They straightened my molding, so I took it back and told them it was going to be misaligned when I fix my door sag.:rolleyes:

Looks good, but would look even better with the back lowered an inch. Just put something heavy in the trunk to see how it would look.

David

Looks good...Looks like teh rear tires are shorter then teh fronts..What size do you have? And yes teh 94-95 molding would look great. I;m not one for SC's without molding

David Neibert said:
Looks good, but would look even better with the back lowered an inch. Just put something heavy in the trunk to see how it would look.

David
Thanks David. The more I look my car the more I lean in that direction. I will do it probably within the next couple of weeks.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Looks good...Looks like teh rear tires are shorter then teh fronts..What size do you have? And yes teh 94-95 molding would look great. I;m not one for SC's without molding

The tires are 255/45/17's. All four. I think the moulding would look good too. Just haven't decided 100% either way. I just think the side of the car is too tall or something.

mannysc said:
i lowered mine toooooooo much
How much did you cut off the back springs?
On that note, how much did you cut off the front springs?
Did you put the springs back in?!:eek:

I cut 1 inch of hight off front and back i should have cut half of that for the back i dont mind the front .

but i scrape my exh on driveways and speed bumps.

I plan on bagging the car to get rid of this problem and bounce my sc off the ground like a lowrider. lol

Darkside said:
. I am undecided on the side moulding as well. If I do decide to put the moulding back on it will be the 94/95 style moulding. That way I can paint it to match the car.
I personaly think it looks more sporty with out the moldings!;) "PReDiTR91"

mannysc said:
I cut 1 inch of hight off front and back i should have cut half of that for the back i dont mind the front .

but i scrape my exh on driveways and speed bumps.

I plan on bagging the car to get rid of this problem and bounce my sc off the ground like a lowrider. lol

No such thing as being too low. :cool:

If you want to ride low and comfortable, Air suspension is the way to go.

- Dan

Ddubb said:
No such thing as being too low. :cool:

If you want to ride low and comfortable, Air suspension is the way to go.

- Dan
Tell em how we do it on the WEST SIDE!!!:cool: PReDiTR91:cool:

your car looks a lot like mine, right down to the rims and tire size....

Here is a pic of my lowered 95...

attachment.php

Take a look at how it is with the cowl hood--I see that you want to put one on. This car does scrape the tailpipes in a place or two around town, but it is not at all bad. I did not cut the springs, this is a Pro-kit. It handles very well--nice and tight. Very nice work on your repaint too.

Last edited:
thats one hot lookin 95 I like em low but the ride is like a go cart but it does corner like a roller coaster ride

Chris, I definately think we should cut the rears like Dave said. Maybe 1 inch at most. I'd be more comfortable with 1/2" that way if you need to we can cut them again. The backs are easier because we won't need a spring compressor. I don't know about that side molding. I think it's only good for catching dust around here. How's it riding?

Jeremy_K said:
Chris, I definately think we should cut the rears like Dave said. Maybe 1 inch at most. I'd be more comfortable with 1/2" that way if you need to we can cut them again. The backs are easier because we won't need a spring compressor. I don't know about that side molding. I think it's only good for catching dust around here. How's it riding?
It rides good. It has gotten even lower since Tuesday. I can barely squeeze three fingers in the wheelwell. I agree we need to lower it an inch. Time to break out the cutting wheel. Are we going to need to remove the emergency brake cables to remove the springs?

Back