Motor Mount

Ronald Wendt

I want to replace the drivers side motor mount. What is the best way to do this job? Besides pulling the whole thing? The passenger side has already been replaced before I got the car.

Thanks

Ron

Do a search for "motor mounts". I searched a week ago and numerous people posted a detailed "how-to". I got lucky and my uncle who is the Parts manager at a Ford Dealership knew a guy who worked there for 20 years and the guy had decided to open a private shop...anyway he did both motor mounts, a high pressure PS line, a pump swap, oil change and PA inspection for $160 labor. I get to pick it up tomorrow:D ! I wish I would have heard about his shop before I tore the engine in my '89 all apart. I figure he must have owed my uncle, as I asked him if he knew what he was getting into and he replied "YES, I am familiar with the car...its a bitch to work on, right?".

Keep in mind that if you only do one side, you will want to remove the lower retaining bolt for the other side so that you can lift the engine enough to get the new one in on the side you're working on.

Otherwise it can tear, as well as not allow enough height.

Back