Will removing my cadilidic converter make my car louder???

it did on my mustang, I had 4 cats originally (MUSTANG), and for now I have a temporary off road h-pipe, custom made until I get the proper catted h-pipe for my long tube headers.

Yes if you remove your Catalytic convertors, your SC will be louder, and faster. You might have less power off the line, but you will make up for it higher up in the power band.

Mine sounds pretty good with a stock exhaust and no cats. It rumbles just enough at idle you can tell it ain't stock. Can't wait to get my exhaust put up, its sitting in a box in my garage.

i have a '90 SC 35th Anni. edition. they anni. editions are all black with silver trim near the bottom and a blue pin stripe running down each side of the car. i haven't made and modifications yet except for removing the air silencer.

could you maybe give me a quick walkthrough on where the cats are located on (in) my car??? it would be a great help...thanks...

Last edited:
they are right behind the exhaust manifolds you can see them from the top of the engine bay oval shape looking. In my car i had a total of three one right in the center of the car before getting to the resonator. If they are the stock cats then they are in bad shape you will feel a big diffrence unplugging them

Back