Questions about collar nut assembly

ThunderDave

I needed to take the collar nut assembly off my stock top to put it on a raised top I bought. I used a strap wrench to get the collar nut itself off, with no problem. The inside part was a little more difficult. I broke the strap wrench trying to get it loose. I don't have a spanner wrench and Harbor Freight didn't have them either.

How can I get that piece loose, so I can put it on the raised top? Is a spanner wrench the only way to get it off?

The inside retainer is also a left-hand thread. It is usually on there with lock-tite and can be hard to remove. A little heat sometimes helps.

Well, it took a torch, a vice and pipe wrench:eek: to get it loose. There was no rubber seal behind the retainer, just gobs of loc-tite.:rolleyes: I got it switched over to the raised top and put back on. I also installed under drive pullies this morning and a 70mm throttle body yesterday.

Now when going down the raod, unless you really have up some speed, when it shifts to third, the boost goes over between 5-10 lbs. I do have a 10% od pulley on it, but is it normal for the boost to go up that much? I'm assuming it's from the increased airflow. I guess I'll need a tune.

Back