help with new motor

esgtbird

Ok i have a 90 sc that i broke a rode in yes i snapped a rod in three pieces. The block is shot. So i bought a 95 sc motor complete. Now i need help!!!!!
I know a little on what i need to do for the swap basicly i need to put all 90 sensors and external parts on the 95 motor to make it work in my car. But could i get a harness for the 95 and run it to the ecu and put the 95 ecu in it and than will it work. Or would it be better to get a SDS (simple digal systems) engine management system for the car. I am going to put alot of work into this car so i am going to go with a ecc tuner or a stand alone. if i go with a tunner it will be easier to get help with tuning since alot of the guys run them. Where if i go with the SDS i will be on my own cause i dont know of anyone who is running a SDS in a supercoupe. Can someone please help me? I searched all over the fourms and have came up with nothing.
thanks for the help

Old Harnes & Sensors w/New Block

Why don't you just use the '90 harness & sensors, on the '95 longblock, and be done with it? Is there some reason you want to use a stand alone system?

68COUGAR

if i use a stand alone i can change the tuning if i install any new parts. If i use a chip i have to send it out to be done. the 95 oil pan needs to be installed and the timing cover. those parts where broke or damaged when the motor was blown. also i can do away with alot of the sensors even the maf crank cam and the tps

Back