50lb injector install question

sizemoremk

Hey guys, am wanting to double check that no modification is require to use 50lb injectors in the SC.

It looks like they may not be setting down far enough, I'm just not sure...

I am wondering if I need to slot the mounting holes where the torx screws go...

Has anyone had to make any modifications to use the 50 lbers?

Thaks!

Attachments

• DSC03494.JPG
    DSC03494.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 115
I had the same problem last week. I thought about making another hole in the braket but ended up swaping O rings from other injectors that I was using. They are wider and taller thefore I am sure that I will not have any gas leak! Good luck, dude

sizemoremk said:
Hey guys, am wanting to double check that no modification is require to use 50lb injectors in the SC.

It looks like they may not be setting down far enough, I'm just not sure...

I am wondering if I need to slot the mounting holes where the torx screws go...

Has anyone had to make any modifications to use the 50 lbers?

Thaks!

They should work as is, but it certianly won't hurt to slot the holes in the fuel rail to get the injectors seated a little deeper into the heads.

David

I have had 50s in my car for about 6-7 years now with no problems. Its been so long i cant remember who made them. If the O-rings arn't seated and you lubricated them then simply notch the 4 mounting holes on the rail to make it seat.

I went ahead and did that last night, just in case.

Are they supose to be bottomed out? They seem to e in there good, but not bottomed out...

Should I notch them more?

No, they should float inside the manfold. But from the pic it looked like the O-rings were hanging out. As long as the O-rings are seated inside the bores everything is good.

Back