Serpentine Belt

hytorksc

Anyone know of a much shorter or smaller sized accessory belt that can be used on the SC? I would like to put on my under drive pulleys using the stock water pump pulley, which would require a smaller/shorter length belt. Are there any part numbers or belts used for a different car that can be used on the SC?

thanks-

Last edited:
They don't. What i'm trying to do is use the stock water pump pulley with the underdrive crank pulley. My underdrive water pump pulley was badly damaged last year when my HB went south. I'm trying to avoid buying a whole new set of UD pulleys, so i'd like to either find a UD water pump pulley, or substitute the stock serpentine belt for a shorter one to take up the slack with the smaller crank pulley.

I need that info as well...

I thought about doing that same thing, only I want to use the underdrive (smaller) crank pulley with the stock alternator and stock waterpump pulley. That way I would get a little increase in both alternator output and coolant flow at idle. (I spend a lot of time in stop-n-go traffic during my daily commute and it might keep the engine a little cooler not to mention keeping the battery charged...)

I have an old serpentine drive belt at home. I'll measure it and then see if I can cross reference some shorter belts. I should be able to cut it and rig up a "belt buckle" setup to adjust the measurement for smaller/larger diameter pullies. I'll follow up with the results...

LJGriggs said:
I thought about doing that same thing, only I want to use the underdrive (smaller) crank pulley with the stock alternator and stock waterpump pulley. That way I would get a little increase in both alternator output and coolant flow at idle. (I spend a lot of time in stop-n-go traffic during my daily commute and it might keep the engine a little cooler not to mention keeping the battery charged...)

I have an old serpentine drive belt at home. I'll measure it and then see if I can cross reference some shorter belts. I should be able to cut it and rig up a "belt buckle" setup to adjust the measurement for smaller/larger diameter pullies. I'll follow up with the results...
Greatly appreciated man.

Do the old sting trick. Wrap it around your pulleys, tie it off and take it down to the parts store.

Last edited:
You could also take your present belt down to a WELL stocked (seeing how 8 ribbed belts aren't that common) parts store, have it measured and check for other sizes that could be ordered.

Back