Tomorrow is "S" Day

SCMakeiv

So after a year and almost a half i am about 2 hours away from firing up my car again. I did the teardown of the engine myself and had a near by well known engine builder who also has a SC rebuild the motor. I pulled an all dayer on the car earlier this week(since i work at night) The closer it gets to being time to try and start it I am losing confidence. I also reinstalled the motor and all components. Doing the brakes, cam, heads, a/c delete, intake, custom exhaust, repainted the engine bay and loomed it as well. One thing i have noiticed is that the tranny is leaking a bit out of what looks the like the bellhouseing. not sure because of immobility. I did put top up fluid in the tranny after it was all bolted up and ready. I will be doing a tranny flush soon after fire up and doing valve body as well hopefully. All my friends want me to call them before i fire it up so they can watch:eek: hehe, i will update you on my failure:eek:

I hope that everything will go smooth and w/o failure! Good to see your hard affords to modify and customize your ride

I hope it all goes well with your car. I know with my build up I decided that EVERYTHING can't go bad with it. The law of averages states that at least SOME things will go well! :D :D Good luck and please be sure to let us know how it goes (detail, details, details). :)

hey Brother, I'm in the same boat as you. As long as you labeled everything, you should be fine. The first engine I ever pulled and rebuilt was a sc. I blew that one up after like 9 months, but thats another story. This is engine number two for me. I hope to be installing at the end of this week. Good luck and pm me if you have any questions. I'm always willing to help.

Rick

Rick Mink said:
hey Brother, I'm in the same boat as you. As long as you labeled everything, you should be fine. The first engine I ever pulled and rebuilt was a sc. I blew that one up after like 9 months, but thats another story. This is engine number two for me. I hope to be installing at the end of this week. Good luck and pm me if you have any questions. I'm always willing to help.

Rick

I might be posting when it comes time to install my engine as I wasn't the one to remove it so I don't have the luxury of having labeled everything.

everything seemed to go together fairly well...as i did lable most of it. This is my first rebuild, I remember when i first started to rip it all apart and looking at the engine, thinking i was crazy for trying. heh, we will see.

OK, so the starting day was delayed to a combination of rain, work, and sleep. But here it is easter sunday and i just finished up the last of the things needing to be done. So i am waiting until after dinner, then callin a few friends to man the fire extinguishers and i will turn the key. My little Bro is here to cheer me on as well...will update.

sooo, it turns over...but doesnt catch though, seems like its getting no spark. I checked the valve on the fuel rail to make sure it was getting fuel, it sprayed out. It just keeps cranking. Also my sc belt is sliding over a rib...dunno if the tensioner is a bit crooked or what. so i am gonna spend the night reading, and test some stuff out tomorrow. I knew it wouldnt fire :rolleyes:

Back