Need New Shock Recommendations

89SC

Need New Shock Recommendations

First off, I just want to say hey. I havent posted in a while. Anyway I am wanting to replace the shocks on my car. I dont really want to keep the ARC, and I dont want to spend the money for the adjustable Koni's. So what do some of you guys have? Could I get some for a V8 sport T-Bird, how would those ride. If I would have to choose between a tad too soft or a tad too rough I would go on the rough side I guess. Also, I'll probably do springs at the same time. I prefer the stock ride height..should I just get stock replacement springs or is there somewhere I could get slightly stiffer springs but still retain near stock ride height. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

Re: Need New Shock Recommendations

You might try the Tokico Illumina IIs from somewhere like www.shox.com for a good price. These a slightly (if any) stiffer than the stock Tokicos and will retain the arc.

The sport shocks should be able to handle the SC and it's weight and spring rates since it is similar to the V8.

I've seen no replacement "performance" springs that retain the original ride height. So you are stuck with new stock ones or some used one from a newer SC in better shape than yours.

Back