Dumping Fuel, Fouling plugs. Car wont' start!

91BLOWNSC

Alright guys, I just got my SC back from being ported, and some 42lb injectors on the car. We go to start up the car and it will not start. Just turns over and turns over, sometimes it'll act like it fired on one cylinder or so. So we pulled the plugs and they are just drenched in fuel. From what i understand this fouls out the plugs. Does anyone know why this would be happening and if so, how can I correct it? Ive been having trouble with the MAF sensor lately on the car. It ran a code of "low voltage" or something along those lines. I have the C&L MAF in there. Is it probable to think that assuming the stock MAF isn't working, its not able to "trick" the computer into compensating for the fact I have 42lb Injectors on there, and the result would be a swimming pool of gas in my cylinders?

Most of the time the car would run BETTER with the MAF unplugged. So my second question is, now that the 42lb's are in there, would my car ever beable to run without the MAF plugged in? Considering I don't have a tune and the default settings will be based around the 36lb injectors.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Your MAF needs to be Calibrated for your injectors. You are most likely flooding your engine and washing down the cylinder walls with gas. :(

Roadhawg said:
Your MAF needs to be Calibrated for your injectors. You are most likely flooding your engine and washing down the cylinder walls with gas. :(

I THINK I have the right sampling tube, but even if I didn't, does the car still rely on it on start-up alone? Is it still pulling info from the MAF?

Make sure your plug wires are on the correct cylinders and also make sure your coil pack is bolted on properly, the plug-in will be to the rear of the motor.

I had a problem a long time ago when I bought my 42lb injectors and the car would only start and run with the maf unplugged. Turns out I had been sold 24lb injectors. Where did you buy your injectors from?

Jake said:
I had a problem a long time ago when I bought my 42lb injectors and the car would only start and run with the maf unplugged. Turns out I had been sold 24lb injectors. Where did you buy your injectors from?

Someone online, there 42lb for sure. Green top Lucas injectors. I checked and double checked the coil pack, all the wires are where they should be. I just don't know why its pouring into the cylinders.

There used to be a problem with the wiring harness to the MAF sensor. There is a TSB for replacing it when this problem occurs.

Lets look at the problem:

First. If you put your foot to the floor, you shut the fuel off to the injectors.

Now. Do you have fire? Is it cranking smoothly? What did you do when you ported this? Are the #42s the only mod that you added? Did you get the correct tube (purple I think check c&lperformance.com). Next and very important, did you tighten everything? Are all of the vacuum lines on?

I would get a can of carb cleaner and use it when you get it running. Spray the areas around the blower and see if the performance changes.

Good luck

Chris

seawalkersee said:
There used to be a problem with the wiring harness to the MAF sensor. There is a TSB for replacing it when this problem occurs.

Lets look at the problem:

First. If you put your foot to the floor, you shut the fuel off to the injectors.

Now. Do you have fire? Is it cranking smoothly? What did you do when you ported this? Are the #42s the only mod that you added? Did you get the correct tube (purple I think check c&lperformance.com). Next and very important, did you tighten everything? Are all of the vacuum lines on?

I would get a can of carb cleaner and use it when you get it running. Spray the areas around the blower and see if the performance changes.

Good luck

Chris

It had the MP1 port job done by charles. Yes, the only thing I changed was that, 42lb injectors, and a RED sampling tube, which now that I look, could possible be the wrong one. If it is, what would that do on start up only. Shouldn't it at least start and stall? Vaccume lines are all sealed, everything was cleaned up, rubbed down with alcohol, and resealed. All the vaccum lines are on. Why does it shut off your Fuel injectors if you have the throttle to the floor? I will try it though and let you know.

Thanks, this problem is starting to make me mad :mad:

You need the purple sample tube for the 42lb injectors. Did you get the sample tube and injectors from the same place?

Jake said:
You need the purple sample tube for the 42lb injectors. Did you get the sample tube and injectors from the same place?

Just being off slightly on a sampling tube would cause it to flood the motor that bad? Im just trying to "see" whats happening.

Jake said:

I have a 73mm c&l, my sampling tube for 42 lb injectors is red.

What size is your maf blownsc?

Before giving too much advice, you must always ask which meter is being used and what year the car is.

89-93 SC is different than 94-95 SC

and

73MM is different than 76MM (and some people are now running 80MM's which are different again).

So there are 6 different sample tubes possible for any given injector size.

just a suggestion-

If you still have the original eec, replace it. Mine was like this once with the original computer, and i wasted alot of time changing mafs, dis modules, various sensors and stuff like that. no matter what i did, it ran like someone was dumping raw fuel into it all the time. i think yours is a little worse than mine was- at least i could get mine to run crappy. my eec had a bad diode in it somewhere affecting the power transistors driving the injectors and when i replaced it everything straightened up nicely. these things were only supposed to last 15 years or so as i was told by a rep at cpudirect.com, and youre lucky if it goes past that without problems.

hytorksc said:
just a suggestion-

If you still have the original eec, replace it. Mine was like this once with the original computer, and i wasted alot of time changing mafs, dis modules, various sensors and stuff like that. no matter what i did, it ran like someone was dumping raw fuel into it all the time. i think yours is a little worse than mine was- at least i could get mine to run crappy. my eec had a bad diode in it somewhere affecting the power transistors driving the injectors and when i replaced it everything straightened up nicely. these things were only supposed to last 15 years or so as i was told by a rep at cpudirect.com, and youre lucky if it goes past that without problems.

Well, I wouldn't think it would be the EEC only because it didn't do it with the stock injectors. The MAF was a problem before, however, dumping loads of fuel and not starting wasn't. This is for a 1995 5-speed. If the computer is unique to that car, I'd hate to have to try and find another one. Or even buy a new one at that price. :(

hytorksc said:
these things were only supposed to last 15 years or so as i was told by a rep at cpudirect.com, and youre lucky if it goes past that without problems.

Only last 15 years? If this is true what kind of crap is Ford throwing in their cars

hmm..

So the question I still have is, will trying to start the car without a MAF sensor on the car cause it to flood?

Back