Should I or shouldn't I?

Randle

Theres a SC near me for sale on the cheap. Problem is the owner "thinks" the lifters are bad. I looked over the car visually and it's in rough shape from what I saw, but could be a good parts car at the very least or at most a crappy DD for cheap. My question is how big of a task is this lifter problem and do you think I should bite the bullet?

Well, I drove my parts car 8 weeks before I HydroLocked the motor. Paid $500 for her. Failed emissions......
The one I have now I paid $800 for, was dirty on the inside, cleaned it out and converted the brakes, and just blew a HG. Ran great before that.....
You say its in rough shape, and if there is EVEN A QUESTION about the motor, I'd offer like $300 tops......
paul

"bad lifter(s) or Rod knockin'?

Randle said:
the owner "thinks" the lifters are bad.
Have the owner explain to you why he "thinks" the lifter(s?) are bad.

I have a lifter that ticks. Has done that ever since I put the reground cam & longer push rods in it. My lifter isn't bad, it's just a stack up of tolerances.

OR

is he trying to pass off a rod knock, as "bad lifter(s)"? Have him start it up & listen to it for yourself.

68COUGAR

Forgive my ignorance but how can I tell the differance between rod knock & bad lifters? I certainly plan on listening to it myself and taking a closer look at it while he's around.

Back