Pulling Axels??

supertbird89

I was wondering how the axles came out of the diff. I pulled them out of the hubs thinking that would work and it didn't? Is there a lock clip in side the housing?

stick a screwdriver or prybar between the abs sensor ring and the diff case, just give it a gentle pry. Should pop out easily.

ABS Sensor Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xr7rocket said:
stick a screwdriver or prybar between the abs sensor ring and the diff case, just give it a gentle pry.
ABS Sensor Ring!!!!! :eek: I thought those break easy & are impossible to replace? That's what RAXLES told me, when I bought my axles, way back when.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
ABS Sensor Ring!!!!! :eek: I thought those break easy & are impossible to replace? That's what RAXLES told me, when I bought my axles, way back when.

68COUGAR
Key word GENTLE :) It barely takes any effort to pop them out. The wider the prybar blade or screwdrive blade, the better. Don't pry it at the edge of the ring, stick the blade in towards the center of the shaft a couple inches or so. It may be true that the rings are irreplaceable, not sure. I've popped them out of a couple carriers now quite easily.

Back