shaking steering wheel over 50mph

Spider

ok I'm out on a test drive since i installed my Brake Proportioning valve and this car get next to me and i punch the gas for about a second then i let of and then he hits the gas, his car seems to lift up so i was like whoa :eek: (some kinda 280Z or a car of that type) so after i let off i punch it again but i wasn't catching up, i got to about 55mph and noticed my steering wheel was shaking. wth ? i slow down to about 30 to 35 mph and it stops. no shake at all at low speed.

any idea what would make my steering wheel shake at higher speed ?
i haven't taken it on the freeway yet since it not in my name yet and the tabs expired 3 months ago

the tires are pretty new. about 98% tread i would think they would have been balanced when they wher put on. im trying to get everything done on this car in the next couple day but it looks like im gonna have to get tabs and take it to the freeway to chech again, since i was going 55 in a 35 zone

Strut Rod Bushings

Also maybe your Lower balljoints...
You will need an alignment after replacing those..
If you never got it to highway speeds before, new tires is going to mean the problem is most likely the front end work I mentioned.....
Mine does it too, and the bushings are just plain GONE.
I got Polyurethane replacements.:)

well i think i figured it only does it when braking. i noticed it more at those speeds because it heavier braking so does this mean maybe i need my rotors resurfaced or something ? the fronts look pretty worn and I'm not sure if theres room for resurfacing

Hmm I get the same thing with hard breaking my steerign wheel shakes bad I am just clueless as to what it was.

Back