front suspension

Coldgin

Hello. Does anyone have any decent front suspension schematics? The Haynes manual is crap!!! Doesn't even cover wheel bearings.

I am looking for any schematics that show how to replace wheel bearings and strut rod bushings. I am looking to replace some worn parts in the front end, and I know these items do need replacing.

If what you are looking for isn't in the Haynes then search ebay for a Ford service manual. Although I seem to recall there being a picture of the front suspension in the Haynes manual. Front wheel bearings are pretty easy. Pull the front tire, pull the caliper and hang it up, pull the front rotor off. Take off the dust cap on the hub and there is the hub retaining nut. Unscrew the nut and the hub will pull off. You'll need a new hub retaining bolt which should be available at a parts store that carries Dorman brand parts. The new nut needs to be torqued to 250 ft-lbs.

Thanks for the help Kevin. As far as the Haynes manual, there is a shot of the front suspension as viewed from underneath the car. There are also a couple of photos shown in the upper, lower control arm and brakes procedures, but there is nothing at all for procedures on wheel bearings. Front or rear. Thanks again.

There is a how-to right on this site on how to R&R the rear wheel bearings. I think it is in the FAQ's or in the Literature section.

Back