PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world is Dan Newman?

Flock-of-TBirds
04-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Is Dan Newman still selling Ford parts someplace? I can't find him and I need some parts only he can supply at those awesome prices...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ddubb
04-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Not that I know of. His website has been inactive for a while.

I still get my parts, with the same discount from Jason at Friendly Ford in North Carolina. He's a cool guy also. When I asked about Dan he said that he resigned at the beginning of the year. Ive heard health reasons, but I really dont know.

- Dan

XxSlowpokexX
04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
I didnt realize he was sick...I'll see if I can contact him

Flock-of-TBirds
04-12-2006, 10:32 PM
I hope he's OK.

Dan, could you post here or PM me a number for Jason and/or the shop? Tried Googling but could not seem to find a Friendly Ford in NC...

Thanks!

Mike

-------

Not that I know of. His website has been inactive for a while.

I still get my parts, with the same discount from Jason at Friendly Ford in North Carolina. He's a cool guy also. When I asked about Dan he said that he resigned at the beginning of the year. Ive heard health reasons, but I really dont know.

- Dan

WickedBird
04-13-2006, 12:00 AM
been a while since i bought anything from Five Star Ford, but the last person I worked with was Max, who took over when Dan left. Anyways he still gave me the same discount and he was awsome to work with. Just as nice and helpful as Dan.

Ddubb
04-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Five star ford ?? That was a long time ago. After that he was at Joe Cooper in Oklahoma, then Friendly Ford in North Carolina. Hmmm ...

Jason can be reached at 1-800-847-2047. He's a good guy also and gives good prices on parts as well.

- Dan

WickedBird
04-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Five star ford ?? That was a long time ago. After that he was at Joe Cooper in Oklahoma, then Friendly Ford in North Carolina. Hmmm ...

- Dan

Dan or Max? I know Dan left years ago. Max may very well be gone as well. Like i said, it has been some time since I spoke with either.

Ddubb
04-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Dan of course, hes been the go to guy for alot of peoples Ford parts. Any discount is better than paying full price at the stealership. Might have been a while since you bought Ford parts. :D Must be nice.

I have a Chevy go to guy now, great discounts and service. Plus its always good buying parts from out of state so you dont have to pay Sales tax! :cool:

- Dan

Flock-of-TBirds
04-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Just called...

"Jason don't work here no more"

"No discounts for SCCoA"

Yikes! I need a couple grand in factory parts...

Anybody else have a go-to guy with Ford?

Mike

-------

Jason can be reached at 1-800-847-2047. He's a good guy also and gives good prices on parts as well.

- Dan

doodaa
04-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Try Max at Five Star, he was still there (w/ discount) as of a few months ago when I last ordered. There's an 800 number on their web site. The local number is 480-946-3900.

John Shelton
04-13-2006, 10:41 PM
I last ordered from Dan around last August at Town & Country Ford in Charlotte: 704-532-3284 or 800-847-2047. I don't know if he's still there though.

Great guy! Very helpful and great prices!

S_Mazza
04-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Nope, Dan is no longer at Town & Country. I have no idea where he is. I think a guy over at Modular Depot forums is offering good prices as well. I forget his name.

Ddubb
04-14-2006, 12:35 AM
That was it, Town and Country .. no more Jason ???? What gives. This is driving me crazy, I need some Ford parts, I just ordered a whole bunch of parts from him a month ago.
I'll try Max next time, thanks for the number.

- Dan

doodaa
04-14-2006, 10:44 AM
... I think a guy over at Modular Depot forums is offering good prices as well. I forget his name.

Randy Stinchcomb. He's at a dealer in Maryland I think? http://forums.modulardepot.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

WhiteThunder
04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
That was it, Town and Country .. no more Jason ???? What gives. This is driving me crazy, I need some Ford parts, I just ordered a whole bunch of parts from him a month ago.
I'll try Max next time, thanks for the number.

- Dan

I've been using Max at Five Star Ford for a while.

Max gives the extra effort to locate obsolete parts, which I seem to run into more nad more and he gives very good discounts

(800) 866-1520 ext. 236 or [email protected]

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX Sport

AnnivSpeCpe
04-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I've used 5 Star Ford since Dan and Max were both there. Max was the one who usually took care of my orders because Dan was usually busy with other things. When Dan left 5 Star I stayed with Max for several reasons. He always gave me good service and discounts as good as you can get. If the parts were in stock I always get them the next day (I live about 200 mi away). You East coast guys naturally will wait a little longer due to shipping. When Dan left, there was a lot of 5 Star bashing going on because people believed that Dan got a raw deal after building up their parts business so good. I stayed with 5 Star because, for me, I've never got anything but top notch service from them. I've got no reason to praise them except that I've been very happy. With Dan out of the business for now there is a void in discount factory parts for us. Ask for the SCCoA discount and prob will have to prove membership (a good reason to spend your $15.00 for membership). John

guitar maestro
04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Steve from SVTPerformance.com works out of Tousley Ford, MN....he offers Ford/Motorcraft/FRPP/SVT parts at 10% above actual cost....best prices i've found so far....even better than Dan Newman....of course when Dan comes back in the loop, im going right back to him....but until then, its Steve @ 1-800-328-9552