PDA

View Full Version : Alone in the SE

lurch256
04-12-2006, 02:46 AM
So, do you guys make it to the southeast part of iowa or are their any members down here?

I would love to find some friends to ride with, but i have one of the few SC around here.

Maybe it would be worth the trip to meet you in your stomping grounds.

anyway just wanted to know how big of an area you cover.

forcfed93
04-12-2006, 09:48 AM
So, do you guys make it to the southeast part of iowa or are their any members down here?

I would love to find some friends to ride with, but i have one of the few SC around here.

Maybe it would be worth the trip to meet you in your stomping grounds.

anyway just wanted to know how big of an area you cover.
First, I'd like to Welcome you .....

We have one SC in Muscatine, but he's not to active. Most of the clubs action is from Earlville to Des Moines. And we get over to Cordova once or twice a year.

I'm in Cedar Rapids.

Melon
04-12-2006, 04:11 PM
We have one SC in Muscatine, but he's not to active. Most of the clubs action is from Earlville to Des Moines. And we get over to Cordova once or twice a year.

I'm in Cedar Rapids.

You exclude the Western Iowa guys and force them to come hang out with us :D You big ole meanie :P

-Melon

007_SuperCoupe
04-12-2006, 04:53 PM
You exclude the Western Iowa guys and force them to come hang out with us :D You big ole meanie :P

-Melon

That's okay though, because we'll take ANYBODY....

After all, we do have the redheaded....nevermind.

:D :D :D :D :D

90blkbrd
04-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Welcome!

Des Moines

forcfed93
04-12-2006, 06:03 PM

-Melon
We dont exclude them ........ You're just closer for them. How can you call me a meanie, I let you hang out with me, and i dont even charge you to do it!!! :D

That's okay though, because we'll take ANYBODY.... After all, we do have the redheaded....nevermind.

Yep, every club has one ........ :D (der, di, der)

Melon
04-12-2006, 07:26 PM
How can you call me a meanie, I let you hang out with me, and i dont even charge you to do it!!! :D

Hey Mike, when can I stop over for a cup of ego :D I'm running low. Actually - just bring it with ya in a few weeks haha

-Melon

lurch256
04-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Since I am amongst Thunderbird friends I will tell you all my SC story.

I had on back in the day 99-02. It was a blue 90 five speed. Man it was a nice car. Well it was during my college days so some of the up keep wasn't what it should be. The clutch was out of it, and there was a hole in the oil pan due to a broken rear motor mount. and the interior was pretty much shot. it was kind of in sorry shape but nothin a little $ and tlc couldn't fix.
well i ended up to sell it to a friend of mine, worst mistake ever. I never should have let that car leave. anyway, fastforward 4 years to present day. i have been lurking on here for some time trying to find one in my area to buy, maybe 6 months or so. I was getting prepared to go to one of the major cities to get one, then one in iowa city pops up. A real bueaty if you ask me. 91 five speed, one owner with all the reciepts. SO long story short i bought it and am looking to get active with in on these fourms, and maybe you all if you were closer :(

anyway thanks for the warm welcome!

jeremy

007_SuperCoupe
04-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Jeremy,
One thing that I'd like to point out to you is an upcoming regional event that we have planned for pretty much the plain states, but we don't discriminate. The link is here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71386.

That would be a great spot to meet a lot of local SCers. I know that we are going to have some St. Louis people, Wichita, KC, IA, NE folks there at a minimum. We'd be more than happy to have one more there.

And every now and again, if you want to make the drive, you're more than welcome at any of our local events.

forcfed93
04-13-2006, 02:57 PM
To keep up on the stuff happening in Iowa, visit the Iowa Club site at: www.sccoia.org

92SilverBirdie
04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
i'm from the waterloo/cedar falls area. i think the only scs around me are a black one and a red one..but since i'm a loser, noone wants to hang around me.. i'm out on university avenue eating all the rice burners that drive around with their fart cans and wings that are taller than their car...if anyone else cruises.. we should hook up. :) i don't really have anyone to talk to because we cruise in my boyfriend's 79 cobra and everyone talks to him like he's cool or something ;) he's probably going to read this..but yeah! i don't know why i'm babbling..what was the point of my post?? i'm not sure....

forcfed93
04-14-2006, 06:57 PM
i'm from the waterloo/cedar falls area. i think the only scs around me are a black one and a red one......
You are always welcome to hang out with us, We dont street race, but we have fun at the track and doing other things (cruises, cars show, etc).